GDT: Avs at Canes

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Well of course losing three games in a row is disappointing but hockey is a team sport and Andrei Svetchnikov has been one of the most dangerous players of the canes so far.this while being a rookie, with limited ice time and playing with players who did not finish properly his great plays. Yes true, he also missed some occasions. I watched all games so far this season and my impression is....he is getting better and better and he will deliver don't worry. He is so talented and skilled.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I'm not worried about svechnikov at all. I am worried that no one on the coaching staff will have any clue how to resurrect the special teams and they will sink an otherwise pretty decent team. I'm also worried the organization is going to pretend scott darling is an NHL goaltender despite him clearly not playing to that level, but that may just be cynicism.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
They should do the same thing that is thought to be good for Necas...send him down to Charlotte and let him get 20 a night in all situations.
I think we would seriously be considering Charlotte for him... if it were an option to begin with. If he doesn't stick around on the NHL squad, he has to be re-assigned to his junior team unfortunately.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think Svech has looked pretty good. It's hard to really evaluate him with the linemates he has at even strength and the PP being a tire fire. They caught lightning in a bottle for a few games with Wallmark and Martinook playing well, but he needs to play with guys that bring more offense to the table. It's a fine line between bringing him along slowly and neutering him offensively (not long term, just for now).

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I think we would seriously be considering Charlotte for him... if it were an option to begin with. If he doesn't stick around on the NHL squad, he has to be re-assigned to his junior team unfortunately.

I don't think so... that's a CHL thing per the NHL/CHL transfer agreement clause that's meant to prevent CHL talent leaving to AHL. It doesn't concern Svech who was drafted from USHL. I don't think USHL has such agreement.

I have hard time not comparing him to Laine, and so intuitively I want him to be brought in similar fashion all year up in the N.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I don't think so... that's a CHL thing per the NHL/CHL transfer agreement clause that's meant to prevent CHL talent leaving to AHL. It doesn't concern Svech who was drafted from USHL. I don't think USHL has such agreement.

I have hard time not comparing him to Laine, and so intuitively I want him to be brought in similar fashion all year up in the N.
Svech was drafted from the Barrie Colts in the OHL though. He played in the USHL the season prior for Muskegon.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad