Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire RyJo (@50%) for Chucky

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
I'm complaining now. He's awful and I don't want to watch him play. Don't care about him *potentially* turning it up in the playoffs. Get him out of here.
RyJo won't be able to "turn up" his skating in the playoffs!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm not so sure playoffs RyJo is actually still a thing. If he's still on the roster after the trade deadline, I'd feel a lot better with him penciled in as a winger than a center.

For the time being I'd try:

RyJo-Nate-Nuke/Rants
Drouin-Colton-Rants/Nuke

I know Ross is not a 2C, but we really don't have anyone else unless Rants is willing to give it a go. But in the meantime, we can at least evaluate RyJo's fit as a top six winger and see if his performance improves.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm okay with him.
c07.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not so sure playoffs RyJo is actually still a thing. If he's still on the roster after the trade deadline, I'd feel a lot better with him penciled in as a winger than a center.

For the time being I'd try:

RyJo-Nate-Nuke/Rants
Drouin-Colton-Rants/Nuke

I know Ross is not a 2C, but we really don't have anyone else unless Rants is willing to give it a go. But in the meantime, we can at least evaluate RyJo's fit as a top six winger and see if his performance improves.
Yeah I’m skeptical as well. Only notable thing he did in 2022 postseason against the Avs was poke Kuemper in the eye.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah I’m skeptical as well. Only notable thing he did in 2022 postseason against the Avs was poke Kuemper in the eye.
To be fair, the Avs were a runaway freight train in 2022, nothing was going to stand in their way. The only players that did any damage in that series were notorious Avs killers Matt Duchene and Yakov Trenin. Josi and Forsberg went out that year with a whimper, too.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
To be fair, the Avs were a runaway freight train in 2022, nothing was going to stand in their way. The only players that did any damage in that series were notorious Avs killers Matt Duchene and Yakov Trenin. Josi and Forsberg went out that year with a whimper, too.
Hell, Colton Sissons was held to two points and for some reason that dude usually burns the Avs as well.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Now that we're almost halfway into the season let's compare two top Cs traded this summer.

The trades

PLD for Iaffalo, Vilardi, Kupari, and a second rounder.

Ryjo for Galchenyuk and chewing tobacco.

Primitive stats

PLD: 29 games played. 5 goals. 7 assists. 12 points. Minus 5.

Ryjo: 33 games played. 10 goals. 2 assists. 12 points. Minus 4.

Advanced stats

PLD: 6'4'' 225 lbs
Ryjo: 6'3'' 218 lbs

Conclusion

If you look at the scorecards both players have been similarly disappointing. PLD has slightly better advanced metrics but both players have well above average underlying numbers.

If you look at cap hits and what it took to obtain each player this looks like a win for the Aves.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Now that we're almost halfway into the season let's compare two top Cs traded this summer.

The trades

Primitive stats

Advanced stats

Conclusion

If you look at the scorecards both players have been similarly disappointing. PLD has slightly better advanced metrics but both players have well above average underlying numbers.

If you look at cap hits and what it took to obtain each player this looks like a win for the Aves.

Advanced stats everyone can get behind there.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

The trades

Primitive stats

Advanced stats

Conclusion

Jets are laughing

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is it possible that he's just in bad physical shape?

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Of course he’s the one guy impervious to being injured. Maybe if we all pray to the hockey gods strongly enough we can have him sent to the shadow realm (or just anything so he’s off the ice and his cap isn’t hurting us)

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Of course he’s the one guy impervious to being injured. Maybe if we all pray to the hockey gods strongly enough we can have him sent to the shadow realm (or just anything so he’s off the ice and his cap isn’t hurting us)
I think we could all avoid injury on an NHL rink because we wouldn't ever be anywhere near anything that could injure us.

Reactions: Alex Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad