Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Fredrik Olofsson from Dallas for future considerations

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Olofsson will fit in well with you guys in your bottom 6. Plays with pace, has size, is a good forechecker, and is hustling non-stop. He was very noticeable in the Stars first win against Vegas this postseason. Nearly won that game himself late in the 3rd with a breakaway with like 2 minutes to go or so. He should've played more here I'd argue. He will also make plays every once in a while that imo looks like he's got something to offer offensively in that depth role. Less talent than Nichushkin for sure but he should be a good bottom 6 piece/extra forward.

Thanks for stopping by with the info, appreciate these insights

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
League minimum deal according to cap friendly.

As the 13th forward it seems fine. Don't want him in the starting lineup though, hopefully he can surprise us like our last Dallas project acquisition.
It is a two way deal... with 350k guaranteed. So this is pretty much first call up more than a 13th forward.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Most likely theory is Fredrik's agent did some back channeling to get Fredrik back home. Avs had interest and Fredrik wasn't going to sign with the Stars... so they just made it official.

For those that don't know Fredrik is from Denver. Despite being Swedish, his family has lived in Denver since 2010 and were Northern California prior to that.

Jesper (Fredrik and Gustav’s younger brother) plays at Monarch.

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Knowing our injury tendencies, he'll be on the third line by about game 12.
I call that "wishful thinking"

wwe-la-knight.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Most likely theory is Fredrik's agent did some back channeling to get Fredrik back home. Avs had interest and Fredrik wasn't going to sign with the Stars... so they just made it official.

For those that don't know Fredrik is from Denver. Despite being Swedish, his family has lived in Denver since 2010 and were Northern California prior to that.

His agent is also Claude Lemieux so no surprise.

I hope he's another Daniel Winnik.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

Former T-Bird. At one time he was best friends with Jaccob Slavin, though not sure if that's still true. Kinda surprised he didn't try to move to the Canes. What a wierd pairing.

Reactions: henchman21

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
true story. I turned my pc on, went to do a protocol check on NHL site, saw the headline "Olofsson traded, gets dealt to the Avalanche" and jumped off my chair. OH MY FREAKING GOD! ITS HAPPENING! MCFARLAND PLEASE EXCUSE ME FOR DOUBTING YOU BEFORE :banana:

came to Hfboards smiling to celebrate about it but then... wait a minute. why is Olofsson wearing a Dallas shirt? was confused for a good while and only then I discovered its not Viktor. its some other random dude who will likely substitute Blidh or whatever. :boredom: I feel cheated.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Under rated. Cost basically nothing..Dallas did us a favour. Stars fans unhappy he was let go. Bottom 6 player and depth. League minimum contract.

Chris MacFarland: OutSTANDING sir. I love it.

I also think he'll thrive under a more offensive Bednar system. Could easily see him getting 23-35 points. He's like a hornet, and physical.

We just keep improving. AVS aren't happy with 7th overall despite our injuries. I love this team.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Under rated. Cost basically nothing..Dallas did us a favour. Stars fans unhappy he was let go. Bottom 6 player and depth. League minimum contract.

Chris MacFarland: OutSTANDING sir. I love it.

I also think he'll thrive under a more offensive Bednar system. Could easily see him getting 23-35 points. He's like a hornet, and physical.

We just keep improving. AVS aren't happy with 7th overall despite our injuries. I love this team.

Chris Macfarland sucks

Reactions: The Moops

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
So my dream pairing of Slavin-Makar is still alive?
I've believed for a very long time that Slavin will eventually make his way to the Avs. I don't know how Jaccob believes anymore, but if it's anything like how he grew up I would guess he's still extremely close with his family.

You know that South Park episode where the Mormon family moves into town? That's the Slavins, or at least that's what they were like growing up. On an interpersonal level they were all extremely nice, but wow did they believe some wild shit. Unironically the type of people that believe the Earth is 6000 years old.

Not sure if it will happen on his next contract cap-wise, but I could see him being an Av 5-6 years down the line.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad