Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Fredrik Olofsson from Dallas for future considerations

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
giphy-31.gif

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Maybe there was a "Future Considerations" that went the other way recently? Like a "you owe me a favor" somewhere that just got cashed in?

Either way, yay, a head start on free agency. Seems like a 4th liner through and through, but we'll need those without Helm and Cogs.

Looks like he played with the Colorado Thunderbirds org as a kid, so there's a local connection even though he's from Sweden.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Now here's a guy @Bender who should be in that ~850k range and would be a cheaper move to fill the roster.

IMO this guy shouldn't be anything more than a 13th forward or call up though. He's fine in that sort of role. I do hope he not an every night sort of player on this roster.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Olofsson will fit in well with you guys in your bottom 6. Plays with pace, has size, is a good forechecker, and is hustling non-stop. He was very noticeable in the Stars first win against Vegas this postseason. Nearly won that game himself late in the 3rd with a breakaway with like 2 minutes to go or so. He should've played more here I'd argue. He will also make plays every once in a while that imo looks like he's got something to offer offensively in that depth role. Less talent than Nichushkin for sure but he should be a good bottom 6 piece/extra forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad