Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Fredrik Olofsson from Dallas for future considerations

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't know if there is a trade coming but with two days off after tonight's game it would be the best timing for the Avs.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Best move possible. Bury him in Loveland if you need the spot but you can always keep him on the emergency roster in the playoffs. He's a far better option than MacShit pretending to play forward.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Olofsson hasn't been great by any means but let's also keep in mind in a fully healthy lineup he'd have Parise and Kiviranta on his wings at worst, or any combo of Parise/LOC/Cogs. With so many bodies out of the lineup he's been stuck with absolute garbage for wingers, including a guy who simply has no business being in professional hockey at any level.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd take Oloffson back next year on a two way league minimum $775k deal with a guaranteed minimum salary like they like to give out. His play dipped a bit, but he's a decent depth guy.

Kiviranta got a $275k guarantee. Hunt and Hudon got $450k. Blidh got $375k.

He migth make more in the SHL though if he's a star in that league. I believe their league average is $110k. Probably depends on how many NHL games he might get.

The Avs are gonna need a cheap 4th line next year, and he wasn't that bad. Parise has said this is his last year, and judging from Cogs play, he looks like he may hang em up too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd like for our 4th liners to play a much more heavy game than the Olofsson, Kivi, and Cogs of the world. Time to bring in some menace.

That's a big reason why Wagner has replaced him at 4C after only a few games.

Wonder if they add someone at the deadline too or just plan on trying RJ/Wagner/Olofsson?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
That's a big reason why Wagner has replaced him at 4C after only a few games.

Wonder if they add someone at the deadline too or just plan on trying RJ/Wagner/Olofsson?
Hopefully Wagner and Olofsson are Black Aces in the PO. I could live with RyJo at 4C if he magically cared and if we got a good 2C.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jake Evans

$1.7M next year probably takes him off the table. Avs need a cheap 4th line next year. Like at most probably two league min guys, and a $1M guy. Kovalenko's making $896k.

Hopefully Wagner and Olofsson are Black Aces in the PO. I could live with RyJo at 4C if he magically cared and if we got a good 2C.

Yeah I feel the same. I'm not holding my breath on RJ, but if he's not moved, I'm hoping he can step up like usual and be an X factor with a big goal or two. Look at Helm in 22.

He needs to hustle more defensively though.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Olofsson hasn't been great by any means but let's also keep in mind in a fully healthy lineup he'd have Parise and Kiviranta on his wings at worst, or any combo of Parise/LOC/Cogs. With so many bodies out of the lineup he's been stuck with absolute garbage for wingers, including a guy who simply has no business being in professional hockey at any level.
Ryjo is a centre not a winger.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Olaf to Sweden

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Olaf to Sweden

Nice guy, just doesn't have the skillset for an NHL 4th line. Wish him all the best.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad