Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bo just went full Ross Colton. You should never go full Ross. Not sure interference was the right call, definitely a penalty though and honestly maybe even suspension worthy.

Definitely interference, but that was a pretty weak hit IMO. He didn't hit the head, he hit the shoulder at a very slow speed with a shrugging motion.

Not sure, but I think he might have been trying to get him out of the shooting lane. If Crookshank weighed more than like 160 lbs he probably would have stayed on his feet.

Looked like he hurt his wrist somehow, even though it didn't look like he fell on it, so he might have already been playing hurt too.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy for all the shit Bo gets for any sort of defensive lapses in his game, Owen Power is ten times worse IMO. Every time I watch him play in his own end the opposition seemingly has wide open paths to the net. Buffalo made a huge mistake giving him that extension so soon.

Henchy alluded to the Sabres likely trading one of him, Samuelsson, or Byram this offseason. Despite the fact that he's brittle as a Saltine from 1955, Samuelsson is by far their best defensive player. And they already said they're not moving Byram, so that leaves Power. despite the massive raise that hasn't even kicked in yet I think that's the prudent move

Reactions: BuffaloMango

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Boy for all the shit Bo gets for any sort of defensive lapses in his game, Owen Power is ten times worse IMO. Every time I watch him play in his own end the opposition seemingly has wide open paths to the net. Buffalo made a huge mistake giving him that extension so soon.

Henchy alluded to the Sabres likely trading one of him, Samuelsson, or Byram this offseason. Despite the fact that he's brittle as a Saltine from 1955, Samuelsson is by far their best defensive player. And they already said they're not moving Byram, so that leaves Power. despite the massive raise that hasn't even kicked in yet I think that's the prudent move
What is insane... Byram's numbers are still worse than Powers in the same timeframe. Both are abysmal defensively right now. Buffalo is a team that needs a much better coach. Granato was great to give them some air... but he's got nothing to actually help them take a step.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What is insane... Byram's numbers are still worse than Powers in the same timeframe. Both are abysmal defensively right now. Buffalo is a team that needs a much better coach. Granato was great to give them some air... but he's got nothing to actually help them take a step.
Somewhere, HockeyRumors.com or whatever, hinted that Adams wants to bring Granato back next year. That would be a horrid, horrid mistake. It's probably for the best that they're going to fall well short of the playoffs because if they had made it or missed them by some insanely small margin like last year, it would just prop up a really bad coaching staff.

Again, still not convinced Kevyn Adams is a good GM. But he's somehow keeping a bad owner at bay and getting the money without the interference so...he's probably still the best guy for the job at present.

Tuch better be their next captain. Should not be anyone else.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Somewhere, HockeyRumors.com or whatever, hinted that Adams wants to bring Granato back next year. That would be a horrid, horrid mistake. It's probably for the best that they're going to fall well short of the playoffs because if they had made it or missed them by some insanely small margin like last year, it would just prop up a really bad coaching staff.

Again, still not convinced Kevyn Adams is a good GM. But he's somehow keeping a bad owner at bay and getting the money without the interference so...he's probably still the best guy for the job at present.

Tuch better be their next captain. Should not be anyone else.
Adams is a terrible GM. They've had some bad ones but Adams is one of the worst. Take it from a life long Sabres fan.

Granato should not be back. But he will be. Plus his clueless/useless Asst Coaches.

Nothing is changing for the good for Buffalo next season.

Tuch's contract situation is a factor towards possible Captaincy. No one on that team is ready to assume the mantle ship (IMO). The leadership is not there.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tuch's contract situation is a factor towards possible Captaincy. No one on that team is ready to assume the mantle ship. The leadership is not there.
Well, they made pending free agent Kyle Okposo captain, then brought him back (which was a mistake). I'm guessing if they want someone who's penciled in long-term they'll pin it on Dahlin.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd expect Dahlin to be the captain. Adams seems to be a guy to just gather talent and then do nothing of substance to tweak things until a situation comes up where he has to (like Mitts' new contract). Buffalo has too many good prospects, not enough slots... but will just wait it out as next year will always be their year. By the time they take the step, Thompson might be 30. :laugh:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Darcy Regier was a pretty good GM by my estimation and then for some reason just completely lost his way once Pegula took over. Not only did he make some insanely bad decisions in free agency (Ville Leino? Really?) the normally great drafting/development went completely out the window.

That might hint at where the real problem lies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I've watched most of the Sabres games after the trade and both Dahlin and Power have been substantially worse defensively than Byram.

Sabres fans outside of this echo chamber seem happy with Bo's defensive game. It was the opposite of here, where a lot of them didn't like the trade at first, and now most seem to be happy with it.

That's based entirely on how he's played, and you know it's been good, because it had to covercome the bias of really liking Mitts and not liking the trade. They were primed to not like him, but most seem to really like him now.

Lots of comments to the effect below.

"He looks more like a two-way beast to me who is also a treat to watch offensively. I wasnt happy with the trade at first, but I was always intrigued by Byram's potential. I'm even more intrigued by him now."

"As someone who was pissed when this trade happened, Byram has been really good."

"Wasn't to happy about that trade. Well, maybe I was wrong at twice?"

"I gotta be honest, I wasn't thrilled with this trade when it was announced......But after these few games, I am starting to think/admit maybe Byram is a player I didn't know we needed... Kid looks phenomenal!"

"I was in the Didn't Like The Trade club........This could be one of the best units in the league next year if they can stay healthy. Glad to be wrong... again."

"I was so upset we traded Mittelstadt but apologies to Bowen Byram, I was not familiar with your game."

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Darcy Regier was a pretty good GM by my estimation and then for some reason just completely lost his way once Pegula took over. Not only did he make some insanely bad decisions in free agency (Ville Leino? Really?) the normally great drafting/development went completely out the window.

That might hint at where the real problem lies.
Don't pin that exclusively on Darcy (not a major defender of him however...)

Pegula and the advisors he surrounded himself with are really to blame. And early on, especially his wife.

Terry wanted Richards and he signed elsewhere and Terry was looking to make a big splash with his Stanley Cup = franchise mission back then, (Never hear about that anymore though do we?). So Ville was the next so called hot property and he made out like a bandit stealing Pegula Bucks.

Terry may know how to drill O&G wells but he doesn't know jack-sh!t about running a sports franchise.

He's a modern day Old Man Wirtz.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I can't wait to watch him in the playoffs. His game should translate well. Many of us over on the Sabres board are rooting for him!

Don't pin that exclusively on Darcy (not a major defender of him however...)

Pegula and the advisors he surrounded himself with are really to blame. And early on, especially his wife.

Terry wanted Richards and he signed elsewhere and Terry was looking to make a big splash with his Stanley Cup = franchise mission back then, (Never hear about that anymore though do we?). So Ville was the next so called hot property and he made out like a bandit stealing Pegula Bucks.

Terry may know how to drill O&G wells but he doesn't know jack-sh!t about running a sports franchise.

He's a modern day Old Man Wirtz.
Facy seeing you here! Haha..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad