Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

BoneCherry

Nov 19, 2021
Dallas
Very happily surprised this happened. Fixed some holes and we still have space. I wonder if there's more or if we're done?

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
This is pretty shambolic asset management by the Avs though. I give them credit to realise when they make a mistake, they cut loose on players like Byram, Newhook, and Jost. But this mistake should have never happened when you draft a player as high as Avs did with Bo.

You should've drafted a F***ING CENTRE from the very beginning when 3-4 were available. Complete trash by the scouting staff there.

Byram needs the puck to be effective, he ain't getting the puck with a partner of Dahlin (who is vastly superior).
let it go lol avs won the cup with byram playing big minutes in the playoffs especially with girard out. he did his duty. but that's the past this is the now

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Wonder if he is depressed, going from Denver to Buffalo. That sounds pretty bad...
The minute the Avs signed Toews long-term, Bo knew his chances of top pairing were virtually gone. With the Sabres, he'll get PP1 minutes and likely 2D status. Buffalo fans are actually quite enthusiastic and dedicated to the Bills and Sabres. He could gain Buffalo hero status much more easily than here. I wish the kid the absolute best.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is pretty shambolic asset management by the Avs though. I give them credit to realise when they make a mistake, they cut loose on players like Byram, Newhook, and Jost. But this mistake should have never happened when you draft a player as high as Avs did with Bo.

You should've drafted a F***ING CENTRE from the very beginning when 3-4 were available. Complete trash by the scouting staff there.

Byram needs the puck to be effective, he ain't getting the puck with a partner of Dahlin (who is vastly superior).

Yeah this is a direct result of being bad at drafting and projecting. Hindsight 20/20 Zegras + Harley was the move that year. That said, the Avs didn't wait until all the value was gone from Newhook and Byram... so that is a massive lesson learned from Jost. They went out and got some good players and a good prospect to salvage that mistake.

Mistakes are okay if you learn from them. They clearly did on Jost. Seems to me CMac learned from his first year as GM too and pulled a JBB.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Can't wait for the "Byram will be captain here one day" posts on the Buffalo forum from a new account 🤣.

I honestly haven't watched mittelstadt in a looooong time. Anybody feel like giving a rundown of his play now that he seems to have figured stuff out?

Reactions: Barklez

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
let it go lol avs won the cup with byram playing big minutes in the playoffs especially with girard out. he did his duty. but that's the past this is the now
Bro, I brought that up because these types of mistakes will keep on happening until they eventually learn.

We're in a time with analytics, that teams should be hitting on top 5 picks every year, even in the down years like Yakupov. Avs win with Byram looking good and Avs still win the Cup even with Byram looking mediocre. Tampa wasn't winning the cup with their injury list.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Question for you all. This was a trade that people conjured up as a want and wasn't publicized anywhere, do you think GMs look here and get trade ideas or is that wishful thinking?

Reactions: Alienblood

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Disagreed. If it's a top-5 pick, you go best player available and worry about the rest later. Simple as that.

Also, Byram really helped us to win that cup. I've always said to those who are sulking after Jack Hughes, just be happy that Byram helped us win the cup. And I don't think he was a small piece either, arguably he was the best defenceman in the finals.

Now was just the right time to cut ties (arguably could've been done earlier, but better now than later).

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
All the CMac haters get to slurping, you have a lot of apologizing to do.
I am first in line...

Image of Apologize to that man. Apologize to that man.

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah this is a direct result of being bad at drafting and projecting. Hindsight 20/20 Zegras + Harley was the move that year. That said, the Avs didn't wait until all the value was gone from Newhook and Byram... so that is a massive lesson learned from Jost. They went out and got some good players and a good prospect to salvage that mistake.

Mistakes are okay if you learn from them. They clearly did on Jost. Seems to me CMac learned from his first year as GM too and pulled a JBB.
i get that but nothing's guaranteed, who's to say avs still win the cup with zegras and harley? it's all hypothetical and ultimately moot since avs won the cup with newhook + bo.

so many factors go into a cup run and can't just always run with best players (see: kariya + selanne year)

this move is great now that we know bo just wasn't going to progress here but he is who we needed him to be in the cup run and that's thankful enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad