Saad- Mack- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Kadri- Donskoi
Newhook- Bellmare- Compher

I like it with a couple small tweaks:
Landeskog - Jost - Rantanen
Kadri - MacKinnon - Burakovsky
Nichushkin - Newhook - Donskoi
Saad - Bellmare - Compher

Jost looked really good on the top line and Mack works really well with Burakovsky, and I think Kadri will get going better on the wing where he can get set up for goals rather than trying to create them himself. Nuke and Dong will help Newhook drive that 3rd line and Saad can get back in the swing of things with a workman like Belly and a wildcard in JT. Though the way the morning skate lines were going they are starting with something more conventional.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
I like it with a couple small tweaks:
Landeskog - Jost - Rantanen
Kadri - MacKinnon - Burakovsky
Nichushkin - Newhook - Donskoi
Saad - Bellmare - Compher

Jost looked really good on the top line and Mack works really well with Burakovsky, and I think Kadri will get going better on the wing where he can get set up for goals rather than trying to create them himself. Nuke and Dong will help Newhook drive that 3rd line and Saad can get back in the swing of things with a workman like Belly and a wildcard in JT. Though the way the morning skate lines were going they are starting with something more conventional.

Good with me, they ROR will be on Mack the whole series but if you spread the wealth bLose are screwed.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's time to spread the lines..

Landeskog- Jost- Rantanen
Saad- Mack- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Kadri- Donskoi
Newhook- Bellmare- Compher

Couldn't agree more. This is pretty much exactly what I want them to do. Keep MacK and Rantenen away from each other so the Blues can't focus on shutting down just one line. I might tweak it a bit though:

Landy - Mack - Bura
Saad - Jost - Rantanen
Newhook - Kadri - Donskoi
Nuke - PED - Compher
Nuke - Mack - Donskoi

Landy can basically be the center on MacK's line and keep him from having to play down low defensively. Jost and Saad developed some good chemistry before his injury, and Rantanen and Jost seem to work well together too. Meanwhile, Newhook and Kadri can basically both play center on that line depending on the situation. Nuke, Newhook, and Donskoi can also switch depending on which of them is playing better. Also, if MacK is going and healthy, I'd have him occasionally double-shift with Nuke and Doskoi to get them more minutes.

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
It's too late to go wild and start experimenting with the lineup. The Avs must win and the safest way to do that is to ice lines that have worked in the past.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
There's also something to be said for giving the Blues something they haven't seen before. It's pretty easy to go back to the old standard lines midway through the game too.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
With Kadri out for the foreseeable future I wonder how our lines get shaken up. While I would be shocked if the top line got broken up if Kadri is out 5+ games (which I think is what will happen), it could make our team too one line reliant. I think we’ll start with lines of:

Landy-MacK-Mikko
Nuke-Jost-Donskoi
Bura-Compher-Saad
Newhook-PEB-Yeit

But if we start to struggle I wouldn’t mind seeing a major change up:

Landy-MacK-Bura
Nuke-Jost-Rantanen
Saad-Newhook-Donskoi
LOB-PEB-JTC

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nichushkin - Jost - Donskoi
Saad - Compher/Newhook* - Burakovsky
Soderberg - Bellemare - Compher/Newhook*

*Bednar Blender

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Didn't Bednar play Compher as center with Burakovski last night in the third period?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I hope they try Soderberg there to be honest. Compher at center is a mess; Soderberg at LW is a mess.

They could try Soda there I suppose but I think there's a reason he's played a lot of wing since leaving Colorado the first time--he simply can't cover much ice anymore.

TBH I think they might be better off using Megna as their 12th forward. Soda has been really bad thus far. Megna can at least skate.

Reactions: shadow1
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
They could try Soda there I suppose but I think there's a reason he's played a lot of wing since leaving Colorado the first time--he simply can't cover much ice anymore.

TBH I think they might be better off using Megna as their 12th forward. Soda has been really bad thus far. Megna can at least skate.

Is Sherwood hurt? If not:

Saad-Newhook-Bura
Nuke-Jost-Dong
Sherwood-PEB-JTC

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is Sherwood hurt? If not:

Saad-Newhook-Bura
Nuke-Jost-Dong
Sherwood-PEB-JTC

I realize I was a bit harsh on Sherwood before but I think he'd be a terrible choice. Megna is at least capable defensively, albeit a black hole offensively. Sherwood is quite bad in his own zone. Against this Blues forecheck he'll make you forget very quickly about Nemeth's shortcomings with a string of turnovers. To be honest I wish they had just sent Sherwood down to the Eagles to give them a shot at advancing in the playoffs--he's a fantastic AHL player, but extremely limited at the NHL level.

duckbear

Mar 31, 2016
I think you go to this:
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nichushkin - Jost - Burakovsky
Saad - Newhook - Donskoi
Soda - Bellemare - Compher

If Newhook struggles early, or the game is close into the late 2nd/3rd, there are literally 3 different players below him to insolate/replace him.

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad