Line Combos: Avs 2021 Lines

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I figured a lines combination discussion and desired lineup discussion thread might be nice to have especially considering our current mixed and matched lines due to injuries.

Current lineup (2/2/2021):

Landeskog-Compher-Rantanen
Saad-Kadri-Burakovsky
Nuke-Jost-Donskoi
LOC-Dries-Sherwood

Byram-Makar
Girard-Timmins
Graves-McDonald

Grubauer

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Nichushkin- Jost- Rantanen
Saad- Kadri- Burakovsky
Landeskog- Bowers- Donskoi
LOC- Compher- Sherwood

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Seems to be Bednar’s favorite thing to do. I get our center depth is lacking right now, but I would rather see Landy center a line and have Donskoi move up than Compher centering the top line.

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing:

Bura-Landy-Rantanen
Saad-Kadri-Donskoi
Nuke-Jost-Compher
LOC-Dries-Sherwood

Don't think we should take bura off the 2nd line, he's a line driver.

Stick donskoi with Landy and Rantanen imo.

Reactions: ljb4

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Compher's our most efficient player out there, never looks tired and looks effortless on the ice. Think we can triple shift him, I'm thinking:

Landeskog-Compher-Rantanen
Saad-Kadri-Burakovsky
Nichushkin-Compher-Donskoi
Dries-Compher-Pateryn

Bednar's doghouse: Kaut, Bowers
Speaking of tripple shifting, Bednar actually mentioned in the post game interview last night that he thought Jost was really solid so he started double and tripple shifting him. Based on that he might be in line for a promotion to the 1st line.

Landeskog ----- Jost ----- Rantanen
Saad ----------- Kadri ---- Burakovsky
Nichuskin --- Compher -- Donskoi
Sherwood ----- Dries* ----- O'Connor

*Ideally Bowers instead

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Speaking of tripple shifting, Bednar actually mentioned in the post game interview last night that he thought Jost was really solid so he started double and tripple shifting him. Based on that he might be in line for a promotion to the 1st line.

Landeskog ----- Jost ----- Rantanen
Saad ----------- Kadri ---- Burakovsky
Nichuskin --- Compher -- Donskoi
Sherwood ----- Dries* ----- O'Connor

*Ideally Bowers instead

This is it ladies and gentlemen. MacKinnon broke out when Duchene was removed, Jost about to dummy this league with MacKinnon out of the way. You all ready for Toews/Pavelski 2.0?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They really need a 3 C capable of at least moving up and playing 2 C when injuries happen. Thats what every cup winning team has. Avs center depth currently isn't very good. MacK goes down, and that center group is a bottom in the league group

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
They really need a 3 C capable of at least moving up and playing 2 C when injuries happen. Thats what every cup winning team has. Avs center depth currently isn't very good. MacK goes down, and that center group is a bottom in the league group

Let's grab Kopitar from LA. I know not realistic.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Or just acquire a 3C and keep Landeskog on the top line?... :thumbu:

It seems the value of a 3C is close to rivaling the cost of a top 6 player right now. I think Bonino is the only player who might be had for a reasonable price, but given the fact he’s in division with a rival I think it ups the price.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It seems the value of a 3C is close to rivaling the cost of a top 6 player right now. I think Bonino is the only player who might be had for a reasonable price, but given the fact he’s in division with a rival I think it ups the price.
I don't think a 3C will cost an extortionate amount given the amount of 3C's that could be available at the deadline, such as: Haula, Zajac, Bonino, Staal, Tierney, Cizikas, Jenner, Wennberg, McCann, Laughton, Johansson, Stastny, Copp, Lowry...

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I don't think a 3C will cost an extortionate amount given the amount of 3C's that could be available at the deadline, such as: Haula, Zajac, Bonino, Staal, Tierney, Cizikas, Jenner, Wennberg, McCann, Laughton, Johansson, Stastny, Copp, Lowry...

I hope you’re right in terms of a good one being available. I had a more short term players rather than rental players in mind.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I hope you’re right in terms of a good one being available. I had a more short term players rather than rental players in mind.
Which short-term players did you have in mind?

Tierney and Jenner both have another year after this. Copp will be an RFA. So they technically wouldn't be pure rentals.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Which short-term players did you have in mind?

Tierney and Jenner both have another year after this. Copp will be an RFA. So they technically wouldn't be pure rentals.

Jenner and Tierney as well as Crouse, Zacha and Carter. Obviously Crouse and Zacha would be more long term fixes on short term contracts.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
@The Kingslayer had the thought of splitting up Landeskog and Rantanen the other day and I hope that’s what Bednar does until MacK returns.

Let the D drive play and hopefully a more balanced attack gives you more chances.

Saad - Kadri - Burakovsky
Landeskog - Compher - Donskoi
Nichushkin - Jost - Rantanen
Jost - Bowers - LOC

Reactions: The Kingslayer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bennett wants a trade out of Calgary, he plays center and wing but his offensive production is pretty much the same as Compher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad