Celebrity Death: Avicii(Tim Bergling) dead at 28

May 31, 2006
I wasn't a big fan of his or the genre in general, but the guy had some of the most iconic songs of the last 5 years or so. The one he did with the guy from Edward Sharpe - "For a Better Day" - is stand out for me. May he rest in peace.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Sad day, he made some great music. BPM has had the entire studio staff on the air today, taking calls from people, other djs have called in(Kaskade, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Laidback Luke, Nicky Romero were the ones I heard). They are playing lots of music(thankfully), because sitting down and listening to these people talk is tough. They'll be in the studio until 11 EST, and mentioned that this is going to be going on all weekend. It's a sad day in the music community for sure.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Seeing a liveshow of a star producer can be very underwhelming. Usually they are not particularly good on the decks which makes sense since they spend so much of their time in the studio. They don't have the instruments that they have that makes them so well known. The benefit of a star producer is that other upcoming artists will throw their tracks at the star producer so that they can play them, or be associated with other star producers who provide undersourced cuts.

Unfortunately for me, I do require a good dj who can play around with dodgy tracks to get a good beat going. It was what I grew up with. I remember seeing big European artists who came over and do the whole hand-waving thing (I'm looking at you Blank & Jones, Tiësto and Lisa Lashes) that I admit that I'm not particularly excited when I see big giant headliners on a lineup.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Went to the same school as him for a few years. Didn't know him personally but he seemed like a very nice, reserved, somewhat nerdy guy who had that "genius aura" around him. Still remember how shocked I was when I found out he was Avicii and that he was the guy who had made Levels. Surrounded himself with "friends" and managers who all pushed him to do more gigs and make more money. Not sure what happened in Oman but his success story was also a very sad story.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wake Me Up was the hottest song of 2013, and instead of getting really tired of it, I embraced it because it was catchy as heck. There were so many other songs that sounds so recognizable that I didn't know he did, like Levels.

28 is so young. RIP. :(

Wake Me Up has been played to death during IIHF World Championships at the arenas. :laugh: Kind of hard to avoid that songs every Spring.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Celebration of Avicii in Stockholm today

adolfo-manifestation.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad