Celebrity Death: Avicii(Tim Bergling) dead at 28

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This one stings. His music is associated with my best summers as a young adult. Hard to believe how his career went. Rose to fame at 21. Became a mainstream icon by 24 and already begun fading away at 26 and now dead at 28...speculation about mental health issues and addictions. Pretty much has been confirmed he passed away due to an overdose.

The music industry is a tough bitch. It can make you and destoy you in such a short period of time. Felt so annoyed when those around me turned against his music because it was "overplayed." Dude revolutionized EDM...

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He was in poor health due to alcohol abuse. Pancreatitis, gall bladder removal a couple years ago.

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
R.I.P
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/b.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/d.png

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This one stings. His music is associated with my best summers as a young adult. Hard to believe how his career went. Rose to fame at 21. Became a mainstream icon by 24 and already begun fading away at 26 and now dead at 28...speculation about mental health issues and addictions. Pretty much has been confirmed he passed away due to an overdose.

The music industry is a tough *****. It can make you and destoy you in such a short period of time. Felt so annoyed when those around me turned against his music because it was "overplayed." Dude revolutionized EDM...

I read that too but the reason for not touring was pancreas and gall bladder. However, they did not state a cause of death here although it's possibly related. The Tons of people drink a lot in their 20's - I just feel like there was more going on with him.

Great music and passed away way too young. R.I.P.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
he was quite a talent, had some amazing songs

but this isnt surprising, it was no secret the guy had some problems

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I read that too but the reason for not touring was pancreas and gall bladder. However, they did not state a cause of death here although it's possibly related. The Tons of people drink a lot in their 20's - I just feel like there was more going on with him.

Great music and passed away way too young. R.I.P.
I feel the same way. Plenty of rockstars are heavy alcoholics when they're young, and don't have any complications until they're older.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary

The music industry is a tough *****. It can make you and destoy you in such a short period of time. Felt so annoyed when those around me turned against his music because it was "overplayed." Dude revolutionized EDM...

I feel the same way... Remember seeing him the first time in 2011, which happened to be my first year of Uni and he was also defs a big part of our going out and party phase... I've been huge into electronic music for many years.. and have always been more of an underground person, but I always digged Aviciis catchy progressive sounds.

First celeb death that had me and my friends really reminiscing about the fun times we had. RIP to a legend and cheers to his music living on in clubs and festivals for years to come.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Avicii was special. Not to get cliche but I remember my first time hearing “Levels” and it absolutely blew my mind. I think I listened to that song 10 times in a row that day. I’d listened to techno/EDM before but no artist was like Avicii.

This sucks.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hugely influential to modern day EDM. Lots of new stuff borrows heavily from his upbeat and airy sound. Heard he stopped drinking recently. Not sure if he stopped other forms of partying but I'm sure we will know soon enough.
Definitely a sad day for music.

Pretty sure he was a big time Blackhawks fan.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Got to see him at Ultra and a fairly small club in Chicago several years ago. He was excellent that night. Was kinda surprised it was one of the top stories on CNN, most people unless they were in to EDM don't know who he is although they have heard his music.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Wake Me Up was the hottest song of 2013, and instead of getting really tired of it, I embraced it because it was catchy as heck. There were so many other songs that sounds so recognizable that I didn't know he did, like Levels.

28 is so young. RIP. :(

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad