Avengers Endgame spoiler thread - stay out if you haven't seen the movie

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I really dont think you are supposed to look to deeply in the hammer thing. Not everything needs a textbook explanation. This feels like "why is Han Solo called Solo" kind of stuff. Its not necessary exposition.

I just see it as Cap has become worthy primarily because it makes for a great story beat, but also because doing this just as you write him out of the story makes for a very convenient ending.

I dont think him feigning unworthiness would fit his character too well. Especially when he could have been tag teaming with Thor throughout Age of Ultron.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Correct me if I'm wrong but, Iron Man gets a funeral but not Black Widow?

because its Iron Man. not like they'd have had one for Hawkeye if he went over instead.

and there's also the chance that she isnt permanently gone like Iron Man is. Cap returned all of the stones to the moment they were taken, including the soul stone.

In theory that can mean Black Widow was given back from the soul realm in exchange for the return of the soul stone.

Reactions: donghabs98

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
because its Iron Man. not like they'd have had one for Hawkeye if he went over instead.

and there's also the chance that she isnt permanently gone like Iron Man is. Cap returned all of the stones to the moment they were taken, including the soul stone.

In theory that can mean Black Widow was given back from the soul realm in exchange for the return of the soul stone.
They are all friends and teammates, pretty dumb to celebrate the funeral of one of them but not the other. And they don't know that she might not be permanently gone, they all think she is dead.
Thanks for your sacrifice Natasha but no funeral for you.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Speaking of the funeral. I was confused at who the random kid was standing alone towards the back until I googled it. Did anyone figure it out on their own?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
They are all friends and teammates, pretty dumb to celebrate the funeral of one of them but not the other. And they don't know that she might not be permanently gone, they all think she is dead.
Thanks for your sacrifice Natasha but no funeral for you.

No body, no funeral?

That's as good an explanation you can come up with when a few billion people just came back from dust.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
There are lots of reasons Nat didnt get the funeral Tony did. Primarily I would say it is because, as she explains herself, she has no family. The Avengers sitting by the water lamenting their friend was their funeral for her. She didn't have a spouse and child like Tony did. She was a super assassin, spy thing person.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Natasha was my favorite Avenger followed closely by Iron Man, needless to say I was pretty shocked and sad when she bought it. She really did have the saddest arc in the series, child assassin, sterilized, didn't get the man she loved, etc. She sacrifices herself out of 1)wanting her godchildren to have their life back and their father at the same time and 2) in the end she looked up to Cap after Winter Soldier and his willingness to lay it all on the line for the cause and her feelings that she would never truly be trusted until she did so.

I still want a prequel, but man it'll be tough knowing what we know to see it as anything other than a chance to pad some box office for Disney.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
After taking more time to think about it, I like the score in Endgame better.

Portals & The Real Hero stick out to me. The Real Hero has some serious emotional weight to it, man.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I wonder if we’ll see vision again or did I miss him in the final battle scene.

He was not in the final battle. However, I think the possibility still exists with what Shuri was doing in Infinity War. Also, not sure what the context of the show will be, but Wanda/Vision have a TV series coming on Disney+. I’m guessing that’ll be about their journey between Civil War & infinity war, but I could be wrong.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I... missed that.

Also - as a new dad, Tony's death shook me man.

So did I. I just read about it at the superherohype.com forums. Then looked for it on Youtube. Lo and behold, there he is. :laugh:

‘Avengers: Endgame’: The Screenwriters Answer Every Question You Might Have

Once you’d seen how successful “Black Panther” and “Captain Marvel” were, did you try to find more opportunities for the characters from those films?
McFEELY There wasn’t a lot of time to adjust. It’s not like we could say, “Hurry, put Shuri in there.” We started [filming “Infinity War” and “Endgame”], and then “Black Panther” started, we’re still going. They finish. We’re still going.
MARKUS “Panther” comes out.
McFEELY When we’re doing the tests [before “Black Panther” opened], and Cap goes, “I know somewhere,” and then you cut to Wakanda, the audience goes, “Oh, that’s interesting.” But when you do those tests after the movie comes out, all you have to do is [makes drumming noises] and people freak out. Same issue with “Captain Marvel.” We shot [Brie Larson] before she shot her movie. She’s saying lines for a character 20 years after her origin story, which no one’s written yet. It’s just nuts.

MARKUS She’s been in space nearly half her life. She has obligations.
McFEELY Certainly, Captain Marvel is in [“Endgame”] a little less than you would have thought. But that’s not the story we’re trying to tell — it’s the original Avengers dealing with loss and coming to a conclusion, and she’s the new, fresh blood.

Were there any Marvel characters you wanted for these movies that you couldn’t have?
MARKUS We did try to put the Living Tribunal in the first movie. We wrote a scene in which he appeared during the Titan fight. And everyone was like, what?
McFEELY Whoa. He’s got three heads. It would indicate a whole different level of architecture to the universe and I think that was too much to just throw in.
MARKUS The idea’s still in [Marvel Studios President] Kevin [Feige]’s court.
McFEELY Oh sure, we probably just spoiled it.
MARKUS The Living Tribunal has his own streaming show.
McFEELY It’s like “Judge Judy.”

:eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad