OT: Avalounge: What happens in Vegas...

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I live in a small college town but we tend to pull some really good concerts. Our town has two brewery amphitheater’s and multiple other venues that draw world class acts. Not mega pop star shit but talented real musicians

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Spent 12 hours at the airport only for my flight to be canceled after endless delays. Couldn't switch flights as they pulled us off the runway due to instruments overheating, so the flight was technically already underway..

Sometimes air travel sucks.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Man, if you live in or just outside a major US city, going to a big name concert is too easy for you. I looked for some ongoing Euro tours and even Britney Spears turns around in Germany, and she does six nights a week, three shows a day at Planet Hollywood for $800.

Yeah. I have to scrounge for possibilities with my lesser knows bands, so I´m going to Southampton, England to see my band.
Sucks, as it is not very cheap to fly+hotels+meals etc.
But what can you do.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Man, if you live in or just outside a major US city, going to a big name concert is too easy for you. I looked for some ongoing Euro tours and even Britney Spears turns around in Germany, and she does six nights a week, three shows a day at Planet Hollywood for $800.
Being near Denver has spoiled the shit out of me, for sure. I've seen 99% of my bucket list at this point, everybody that hasn't gone to Denver has been to ProgPower down in Atlanta.

Also, I've heard a lot of weird, sad stories in my time as an Uber Driver Therapist, but the blacked-out 19 year old who just told me his life story takes the cake. If even half of his story is true that kid has been through more shit in his life than any ten ordinary people.

Reactions: agentblack

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I just got free tickets to Halestorm and in this moment at the local brewery amphitheater! Pretty stoked. Haven’t made time for any concerts this summer and there’s been so many good ones. Pearl Jam tomorrow night. Gonna be a good week
Kettlehouse? That places looks super rad. Greensky just played there and the pics made the place look awesome.

I love you guys
Love you too cutie.

Reactions: BrickAHL

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Being near Denver has spoiled the **** out of me, for sure. I've seen 99% of my bucket list at this point, everybody that hasn't gone to Denver has been to ProgPower down in Atlanta.

Also, I've heard a lot of weird, sad stories in my time as an Uber Driver Therapist, but the blacked-out 19 year old who just told me his life story takes the cake. If even half of his story is true that kid has been through more **** in his life than any ten ordinary people.
I am not a huge concert guy, but been to a good chunk of them in my lifetime - majority of them were weirdly punk bands even though that's far from my favourite genre. Have you ever done the 70,000 Tons of Metal or chequed out Wacken at all in your lifetime?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Being near Denver has spoiled the **** out of me, for sure. I've seen 99% of my bucket list at this point, everybody that hasn't gone to Denver has been to ProgPower down in Atlanta.

Also, I've heard a lot of weird, sad stories in my time as an Uber Driver Therapist, but the blacked-out 19 year old who just told me his life story takes the cake. If even half of his story is true that kid has been through more **** in his life than any ten ordinary people.
People who live on the front range are so spoiled by the music scene. I heard a friend of my sister say, "I'd never see a band anywhere besides Red Rocks. It's the only venue that I like."

Like, really? I've seen my fair share of shows at RR but the idea of never seeing bands anywhere else is laughable.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I am not a huge concert guy, but been to a good chunk of them in my lifetime - majority of them were weirdly punk bands even though that's far from my favourite genre. Have you ever done the 70,000 Tons of Metal or chequed out Wacken at all in your lifetime?
Someday, I would live to do both, but for now ProgPower is the only one I can afford. I'd love to go over to Europe and hit the summer festival scene (and just Europe in general), that's my dream.

People who live on the front range are so spoiled by the music scene. I heard a friend of my sister say, "I'd never see a band anywhere besides Red Rocks. It's the only venue that I like."

Like, really? I've seen my fair share of shows at RR but the idea of never seeing bands anywhere else is laughable.
The only venue I won't go to is Fiddler's, because it objectively sucks balls, unless it's a truly can't-miss lineup. Red Rocks is cool and all but there are plenty of quality venues in the state.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Try Phoenix, Arizona during a rainstorm. I remember going there for a hockey tournament and it just happened to be during right in the middle of their once-in-a-decade monsoon. Not only were the inhabitants (many of whom are seniors) caught unaware, the city itself just isn't designed to handle that large a downpour. Our games actually got postponed because one of the rinks had leaks in the roof and it ruined the ice.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
One thing Montana drivers are good at is driving in blizzards and on black ice and tons of snow because that’s basically every winter here

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I didn’t realize quite how bad drivers here were until I moved to California for a year and came back. It’s brutal

It was crazy on how consistent it was too. Nearly every Montana plate was bad... other states were fine. :laugh:

On a side note here... Glacier is a must see at somepoint for everyone. Impressive place, especially if you get into the back country.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Oh yeah, Cali drivers are nuts. My aunt lives in LA and driving in the car with her is an adventure to say the least. No turn signals, weaving in and out of lanes, dialing her cell with one hand.... I would tear my hair out trying to drive in that city. I think that's why Boulder drivers have a reputation for being bad. Half of them are from California.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want to visit California, but since we have so many in the CO I don't think they're that bad of drivers from what I've experienced. It's funny because all the transplants here say that Colorado drivers are some of the worst they've experienced, especially the slow car in the left lane type of bad. Sure I admit that the CO's aren't very good in that regard, but nobody has experienced Utah drivers.

They are BY far the worst I've ever seen in my life, some of my closest calls have come at the hands of Utah plates.

I didn’t realize quite how bad drivers here were until I moved to California for a year and came back. It’s brutal
Half of the people in Montana don't even have drivers license.; they're the Australia of the western hemisphere.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Sure I admit that the CO's aren't very good in that regard, but nobody has experienced Utah drivers.

They are BY far the worst I've ever seen in my life, some of my closest calls have come at the hands of Utah plates.
"He found the stones and golden plates. Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb. Even though nobody else ever saw them. Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb."

Reactions: S E P H and McMetal

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I was in the Utah camp for years... Montana surpasses them by a good margin.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just saw several people online who thought it was weird that they are right-handed, throw right-handed "yet play hockey as a lefty".

Dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb-dumb.

Reactions: Foppberg

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I want to visit California, but since we have so many in the CO I don't think they're that bad of drivers from what I've experienced. It's funny because all the transplants here say that Colorado drivers are some of the worst they've experienced, especially the slow car in the left lane type of bad. Sure I admit that the CO's aren't very good in that regard, but nobody has experienced Utah drivers.

Half of the people in Montana don't even have drivers license.; they're the Australia of the western hemisphere.

We do enjoy riding bareback buffalo and wrestling grizzly bears in our spare time

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad