OT: Avalounge: What happens in Vegas...

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Take my word for it: you won't miss it.
giphy.gif

But seriously, I've spaced so many things recently, it's not really funny. Also just not myself. Hoping it's just stress plus lack of hockey.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Looks like I'll be in Toronto end of August. Any suggestions on places I should go? Won't have a ton of time, go from there to Vegas in a few days.
Pretty obvious but go to the top of the CN tour. I’m not a touristy kinda guy but I still do that every time I’m there. It’s pretty cool.

Check out the HHOF if you’ve never been there just to knock it off the bucket list but honestly it’s pretty boring even if you’re a hockey history nerd.

The entertainment district in general is a pretty sure bet safe place to enjoy most of your time. There’s lots of cool tap rooms and restaurants around.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Looks like I'll be in Toronto end of August. Any suggestions on places I should go? Won't have a ton of time, go from there to Vegas in a few days.

Depends what you're into I guess. Toronto has really become a world city. Great food good entertainment and a bunch of stuff to do.

I would suggest the CN tower and the aquarium (if you like that stuff). They are side by side so easy to get too . The ROM is ok.

And I'll say if you have time and haven't seen it before Niagara falls from the Canadian side is worth checking out too eventhough it is really busy.

Since we're on a hockey forum the hall of fame is pretty good but like cousin Eddie said it's a little boring

The entertainment district is really good for food and drinks (king Street West area) and if you want a kind of different taste of Toronto nightlife and Toronto in general Kensington (more hipster, small kind of random shops) really is a cool place to walk around during the day or hang out at night .

If you're more the outdoor type there are some beaches around and on center island . Or you can hit up evergreen brickworks and the don valley trails for hiking. The Harbourfront at Queen's Quay was redone recently and is also worth checking out.

I should add that I only recently moved downtown and used to live in the burbs but when people from out of town come to visit these are usually the things I try to hit.

Oh also graffiti alley off of Queen's street is really cool too.

Reactions: Lonewolfe2015

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like a solid list to hit, CN Tower, Entertainment District and the Graffiti Alley sounds interesting. I've driven across Rainbow Bridge before and I'm sure I'll do it again since a few people on my new team are in Toronto.

Cheers!

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Whats the most badass animal?

Wolf? Bear? Silverback? Bunny?

Id love to get some sweet wall art not sure what to get, saw this one of a wolf overlooking mountains that had me thinking i need sweet wall art.

Sorry for the random question, figured since I am a badass then i should get badass things.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO

Id love to get some sweet wall art not sure what to get, saw this one of a wolf overlooking mountains that had me thinking i need sweet wall art.

Sorry for the random question, figured since I am a badass then i should get badass things.
+1 for Grizzly bears

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

My actual advise would be to think of something that's important to you in some way, something that you connect with, and then find an artsy print or another item to convey that. Something in nature perhaps, or something to do with a hobby. Just look for a print that's not too obvious, like a straight up picture of a car.

That way, you'll end up hanging on to the art for longer and you can tell people why it is you have them. It could take a fair amount of looking around though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My actual advise would be to think of something that's important to you in some way, something that you connect with, and then find an artsy print or another item to convey that. Something in nature perhaps, or something to do with a hobby. Just look for a print that's not too obvious, like a straight up picture of a car.

That way, you'll end up hanging on to the art for longer and you can tell people why it is you have them.

In my case this is a 4' x 5' painting of Phil Collins... (that is legit in my living room)

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
In my case this is a 4' x 5' painting of Phil Collins... (that is legit in my living room)
I have been thinking of getting a poster for Vertigo, but the cheap ones are terrible quality/knockoff replicas so it's on a back burner. I like The Silence of the Lambs poster as well as far as movie posters go, but a huge picture of Jodie Foster's frightened face is just going to be creepy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have been thinking of getting a poster for Vertigo, but the cheap ones are terrible quality/knockoff replicas so it's on a back burner. I like The Silence of the Lambs poster as well as far as movie posters go, but a huge picture of Jodie Foster's frightened face is just going to be creepy.
tenor.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
"Badass" is not the first thing that comes to mind if I were to think of pictures of animals on the wall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad