GDT: Avalanche vs Wild @7:00PM MST 03/08/24 (Emergency Post TDL GDT) New players, new Avs?

What do we call him?

• Total voters

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Like how Byram went to a terrible team and was their best statistical player in his first game while Walker was… check notes.... oh. Our worst.
Well, it’s easy to go to a team that has nothing to play for, given the opportunity, top pair minutes and be successful. Walker is coming to a team that has all the pressure to win, plays a difficult system to adjust to. Give it time, all the new guys gonna need time to get used to the Avs system and build chemistry

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Several of you. Guy looks like a soft number 5.

Ragged dolled several times. We traded a first for this dude?
I for one never said or thought Walker was gonna be better than Byram, but he will have a role on the Avs and once he gets used to the system, he should be fine

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
And I'm reminded why I haven't browsed this board during games as often as I used do. The insufferable people who only complain, even in victory, really do make games unenjoyable.

I mean, I get people expect a LOT from us, because we are the best club in the entire league. But why can't we give a little praise from time to time?

Reactions: Vk1ing

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Plenty of very stupid Avs fans were all over Byram. Was Girard as whipping boy before Bo. Rants may be next.

maybe you’re seeing how annoying it is now.

Walker looked whatever honestly. Not good or bad in that one. The Byram haters were gushing though. Why? Because they are tools.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Plenty of very stupid Avs fans were all over Byram. Was Girard as whipping boy before Bo. Rants may be next.

Walker looked whatever honestly. Not good or bad in that one. The Byram haters were gushing though. Why? Because they are tools.
Dude, what? We have a center now who's not RyJo. Separation is difficult sometimes.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The MacKinnon quotes on how he felt about the team adding the players tells me all I need to know. He knew the mix they had wasn't going to work in the playoffs, all he wanted was a chance and management gave him that. Love it.

Perfect time for the team to only have 4 games in the next 13 days to get the new guys some practice time, get comfortable with the new teammates and learn our system. It's time to go on a run gentleman!

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

Here's a crazy thought. Byram AND Walker are both good defensemen ? They are different , but both great ?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Had to get rid of RyJo, that’s why CMac had to give up a 1st for Walker. Give it time. Can’t judge players after one game.

Also Walker was playing top 4 on Flyers with another top 4 partner. He played with JJ on the 3rd pair tonight

Reactions: Vk1ing

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Mate, come on, he's been in Denver 2 seconds.
Mate. I’m simply turning the tables on the unrelenting tools that were always bitching at Byram, Girard or Graves.

Walker had a crappy statistical game tonight. Whatever. He looked like a solid bottom pair to me honestly. I’m actually surprised his stats were the worst. Makar was the guy making the worst reads all night.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg

I defended Byram till the day he was traded and will always root for him but there's no need to hate on Walker, just let Byram prove those people wrong. I get it if it hurts that he's going to do it on another team, but it just wasn't going to happen here unfortunately.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I defended Byram till the day he was traded and will always root for him but there's no need to hate on Walker, just let Byram prove those people wrong. I get it if it hurts that he's going to do it on another team, but it just wasn't going to happen here unfortunately.
I don’t care about Walker one way or another. He looked ok to me. He’s a R shot rental D. We needed one of those for the playoffs. His first game moderately underwhelmed. Makar underwhelmed tonight too. Was a mediocre performance by the club but we got the points.

I’m simply showing the Byram, Girard, etc hater turds in our fan base how very insufferable they are. I’m playing the part of them right now.

I’m pleased we have a proper 2C. RyJo was washed.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I attended this game, too. A lot different vibe from Wednesday. Tense and frustrating, and the fans were drunk and belligerent. I almost saw a fight in my section at the end of the third, some wasted frat bros were going after a few Wild fans who cheered when the Toews goal was disallowed, and then when another Avs fan told them to shut up and sit down they just got more aggressive. Really killed the vibe for the OT winner in what should have been a big celebration.

Not a good game at all, but hey, we need those two points to stay even with Winnipeg and Dallas. It seems like their schedules are incredibly soft right now, every game seems like it's against a basement team for them.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I really don’t understand the psyche of people who want to push agendas on message boards.

Support the team. Have fun chatting. Be right about takes, be wrong about takes. Who cares?

But running victory laps off one night performances good, or bad from a player, then retreating to the shadows when it goes the other way is so weird.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
I don’t care about Walker one way or another. He looked ok to me. He’s a R shot rental D. We needed one of those for the playoffs. His first game moderately underwhelmed. Makar underwhelmed tonight too.

I’m simply showing the Byram, Girard, etc hater turds in our fan base how very insufferable they are. I’m playing the part of then right now.
Buddy, you have always been insufferable. You aren't pretending or playing the part just now.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don’t care about Walker one way or another. He looked ok to me. He’s a R shot rental D. We needed one of those

I’m simply showing the Byram, Girard, etc hater turds in our fan base how very insufferable they are. I’m playing the part of then right now.
Letting Byram go sucks, but they had to do something to fix the 2C issue. This team can’t go to every offseason without a 2C and pick up more RyJos or reclamation projects or giving up assets for rentals to get a 2nd line center. Hopefully this fixes the problem for a while, but Byram was the only way to do it.

Reactions: Iceberg

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
And I'm reminded why I haven't browsed this board during games as often as I used do. The insufferable people who only complain, even in victory, really do make games unenjoyable.
I aim to be just barely sufferable; i hope I'm doing just enough to not cross the threshold but also make you roll your eyes so hard you can see your own brainstem

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Letting Byram go sucks, but they had to do something to fix the 2C issue. This team can’t go to every offseason without a 2C and pick up more RyJos or reclamation projects or giving up assets for rentals to get a 2nd line center. Hopefully this fixes the problem for a while, but Byram was the only way to do it.
I actually agree with you. Avs needed a 2C most of all.

Byram is going to be a star in the nhl. But we were not winning a cup with RyJo on this roster. His suck forced this trade early. Mitt’s is a risk. He was bust tastic for most of his career. But looks like he turned a corner later than projected. He was good tonight. I did like his performance. Good bridge to Ritchie.

Now we try out Walker to see if we can dump Manson and resign a better player this summer. Hopefully. Manson is way too inconsistent for my tastes.

Reactions: the_fan

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Never realized how pronounced Mack's brows were.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 235922.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad