GDT: Avalanche vs Sharks 12/31/23 @6:00PM MT at Ball Arena (Emergency GDT)

Obituary Poll

• Yay

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Hey?

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
My only complaint was the over reliance on the slap shots/one timers from the umbrella set up and positions. The Avs are too determined at times to want to blow the puck past a well positioned and agile goaltender. So opponents can simply collapse and dare them to try and slip the puck through the crowd in front.

We have yet to find anyone EQUAL to Landeskog's ability to screen, tip and deflect in front.

Overall, the guys had it tonight. Makar was particularly active.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
My only complaint was the over reliance on the slap shots/one timers from the umbrella set up and positions. The Avs are too determined at times to want to blow the puck past a well positioned and agile goaltender. So opponents can simply collapse and dare them to try and slip the puck through the crowd in front.

We have yet to find anyone EQUAL to Landeskog's ability to screen, tip and deflect in front.

I think Nichushkin does a really good job. Problem is the Avs are not doing what they were when Makar was dominating and Nichushkin was racking up goals. Cale was moving and getting shots through.

Now, PP1 is back to the Nate and Mikko clown show of cross-seam passes and teams know it.

Drouin not being a slot threat means teams can play pressure on the three perimeter guys. Nichushkin can't drive the net when MacKinnon gives him the puck, nor can he feed the slot for a one-timer when Rantanen gives him the puck.

When Cale stops shooting, the PP gets worse.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Didn't watch the game so I can't comment but I'm happy with the win.

l see that we needed the PP to beat the Sharks and the first line has all 3 stars.

Same ol' recipe.

yeaher

May 3, 2019

Overall, the guys had it tonight. Makar was particularly active.e

Outside of Pavelski and Krieder who else is as good as him?

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Did not see the game. Anyone comment on how G(irard) was this eve? Was there ever a diagnosis beyond 'headaches'?

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
He seemed engaged but played only about 16 minutes tonight. It will take him a bit to get going again but the plan was to ease him in on the 3rd pair but he already played more than that. Lol.
Check. Tx for the update.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I liked Girard's game tonight. He kept it simple and did what he does best with the puck movement

Reactions: Vk1ing

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Happy New Year. Liked our game a lot. Physicality was good and we were relentless to get the GWG. Showed no quit and finally got rewarded. Tied for the lead in points in the west. Go Avs!

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The globetrottering led to several bad passes and disjointed play. The lack of C depth led to a lot of disjointed play.

Granlund was the most impressive Shark.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Good win!!!

Happy new year to all!!!

Let the new year bring a lot of joy, happiness, wins for the Avs, cocaine and hookers!!!

Reactions: missionAvs

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

If only we had a giant fatass who barely moves on the team.

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
The crossbar behind Kahkonen took a beating from Nate and Mikko. The latter can score on the PP because he does not have to skate much or control a puck with an opposing player in his face, otherwise- meh.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think Nichushkin does a really good job. Problem is the Avs are not doing what they were when Makar was dominating and Nichushkin was racking up goals. Cale was moving and getting shots through.

Now, PP1 is back to the Nate and Mikko clown show of cross-seam passes and teams know it.

Drouin not being a slot threat means teams can play pressure on the three perimeter guys. Nichushkin can't drive the net when MacKinnon gives him the puck, nor can he feed the slot for a one-timer when Rantanen gives him the puck.

When Cale stops shooting, the PP gets worse.
And moving. Cale's a totally different player when he's mobile.

Nuke is able to play the screen deflect role. He just doesn't have the stick skills that Landy has. That's not a criticism. But Landy is one of the best.

Lehkonen is needed back. Badly.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad