GDT: Avalanche vs Sharks 12/31/23 @6:00PM MT at Ball Arena (Emergency GDT)

Obituary Poll

• Yay

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Hey?

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
He's a really cranky guy that's never satisfied. Asshole yes, but that's what also makes him great.

Also nice to have two games in a row without a Georgie stinker.

Wasn’t the biggest fan of the Hertl goal today but not the worst goal ever either.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wasn’t the biggest fan of the Hertl goal today but not the worst goal ever either.
I hated it, no traffic in front gets burned on an average shot. Not great defense but very saveable. But it was the only one that went in so it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: BrickNHL

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I hated it, no traffic in front gets burned on an average shot. Not great defense but very saveable. But it was the only one that went in so it's not the end of the world.
Not great defense?

The Sharks player walked in from the left point - on the powerplay - unchallenged and made a diagonal pass to Hertl in the slot - with nobody remotely near him - and Hertl picked the spot he wanted.

Let's not act like goaltenders are supposed to stop every unscreened shot they face. The Avs were a mess on that goal.

It's like saying Kahkonen should have stopped both shots MacKinnon rang off the crossbar.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
impressive how the Avs AGAIN had to so much difficulty against the worst Sharks team in their franchise history, a team that managed to put only 11 shots on net in 60 minutes.

on a side note, I want to root for Duclair but man, it is tough. I hope he never gets anywhere near the Avs because he gotta be one of the dumbest players Ive ever seen. that last penalty was just wth.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
impressive how the Avs AGAIN had to so much difficulty against the worst Sharks team in their franchise history, a team that managed to put only 11 shots on net in 60 minutes.

on a side note, I want to root for Duclair but man, it is tough. I hope he never gets anywhere near the Avs because he gotta be one of the dumbest players Ive ever seen. that last penalty was just wth.
I don't know about difficulty. Yes, the 2nd period was fairly ugly but in all honesty this game should have finished 5-1 Avs. Kahkonen was fantastic and got some help from the crossbar on two occasions in the 3rd on MacKinnon.

Outside of a sloppy 2nd period, the Sharks legitimately generated nothing.

The Avs weren't their best but the Sharks also worked incredibly hard defensively tonight.

Total shot attempts were 86-30 for the Avalanche. Scoring chances were 43-12.

The game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The fireworks were fun too.
1000025643.jpg

1000025638.jpg

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I don't know about difficulty. Yes, the 2nd period was fairly ugly but in all honesty this game should have finished 5-1 Avs. Kahkonen was fantastic and got some help from the crossbar on two occasions in the 3rd on MacKinnon.

The Avs weren't their best but the Sharks also worked incredibly hard defensively tonight.

Total shot attempts were 86-30 for the Avalanche. Scoring chances were 43-12.

If its not a 15-0 with 0 shots against it doesn't count here.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
and that is exactly my point. to go in the last minutes having to protect a one goal lead in this kind of game against this kind of opposition shouldnt be acceptable. the only reason it wasnt even worse in the end is because Duclair is dumb af and Manson hit the jackpot in that EN. I bet if he tried that 10 times, he would miss the net in 9.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I believe Avs have a negative GD in the 2nd period. Besides talking about individual players, a team as skilled and as fast and as good with the transition game as we are, that is absolutely unacceptable. Unacceptable, especially for a supposed Cup contender.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
and that is exactly my point. to go in the last minutes having to protect a one goal lead in this kind of game against this kind of opposition shouldnt be acceptable. the only reason it wasnt even worse in the end is because Duclair is dumb af and Manson hit the jackpot in that EN. I bet if he tried that 10 times, he would miss the net in 9.
Again, though, Kahkonen was great, got help from 2 crossbars and the Sharks blocking an insane amount of shots. It was ugly sure but it wasn't close.
I believe Avs have a negative GD in the 2nd period. Besides talking about individual players, a team as skilled and as fast and as good with the transition game as we are, that is absolutely unacceptable. Unacceptable, especially for a supposed Cup contender.
It is really bad. No idea why they suck in 2nd periods. IIRC they are now bottom 3 in the league in goal differential that period.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I am genuinely baffled that people are unsatisfied with how the Avs played tonight. Shots were literally 3:1, and shot attempts were similar. The Avs brutalized the Sharks everywhere but on the scoreboard for most of the game. If holding an entire NHL hockey team to 11 shots in a 60 minute game isn't enough for you I genuinely wonder what it would take to impress you.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I am genuinely baffled that people are unsatisfied with how the Avs played tonight. Shots were literally 3:1, and shot attempts were similar. The Avs brutalized the Sharks everywhere but on the scoreboard for most of the game. If holding an entire NHL hockey team to 11 shots in a 60 minute game isn't enough for you I genuinely wonder what it would take to impress you.
They played a great 1st and 3rd. The 2nd sucked and they were far too cute with everything.

But overall they played fine. Could have been more lopsided had they not played Harlem Globetrotters shit in the 2nd.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The only thing I'm unhappy about is our F(f)innish. Mikko has to stop miss handling the puck and we need to start sinking our chances. I'm starting to think the best thing for this team to be practicing is just shooting drills.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad