GDT: Avalanche vs Penguins | 12 PM MT | Annunen's Descent into the Netherworld

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I don't see why MacKinnon should be penalized cause his team is better.

The reason why the Avalanche are dominant is in large part because of MacKinnon.

That's true but the Bolts wouldn't even be sniffing at the playoffs without Kucherov. No one can deny MacK's importance to the Avs so it's close, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: AVSfan2daMAX

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The whole Tampa wouldn’t be in the playoffs without Kucherov that’s why he should get the Hart is a silly talk. Avs wouldn’t make the playoffs without MacK either. They would have Colton or RyJo at 1C. Tampa would still have Point and Stamkos to carry them.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
The whole Tampa wouldn’t be in the playoffs without Kucherov that’s why he should get the Hart is a silly talk. Avs wouldn’t make the playoffs without MacK either. They would have Colton or RyJo at 1C. Tampa would still have Point and Stamkos to carry them.

1711395325302.gif

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It might seem like a simple argument but his Consistency at home and PPG rate at home, as well as his 2 18 game point streaks can't be ignored either.

When I step back sure, you can argue any of them should win it during any given season.

The things that stick out to me based on history:

Kucherov: worst team, but he's one of 5 players holding them up, it's not a solo effort.
Matthews: Lots of goals, great... but what else?
McDavid: Sorry but 20 some goals, regardless of assists just doesn't move the needle for me
Mack: Carried a team with no 2C and a sorta 3C if you can call Colton that for 75% of the season, no captain, spotty goaltending, elevated anyone who played around him, is in the hunt for a handful of Gretzky records, has been the most consistent player for PPG the last two seasons, and remains humble about it

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Tampa has 5 players with 60+ points, Colorado has 3.

Spare me the myth that Kucherov is all Tampa has.

Both players have been phenomenal and it is a coin flip until season's end.

He's got a 43 point lead over the next highest point scorer on his team... Offensively, he is that team. Again though, this does nothing to discredit MacK. It's very close IMO. To be honest, I think the voters give MacK the pitty edge considering that he's never won it.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

As someone that goes to a lot of Bolts games live, neither Point or Stamkos are good enough to carry that team to a playoff spot without Kucherov. It's very obvious who "the guy" is on that team whereas with the Avs, I wholeheartedly believe that this team competes for a wildcard without MacK.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
As someone that goes to a lot of Bolts games live, neither Point or Stamkos are good enough to carry that team to a playoff spot without Kucherov. It's very obvious who "the guy" is on that team whereas with the Avs, I wholeheartedly believe that this team competes for a wildcard without MacK.
Avs would probably survive without MacK and maybe be a wildcard team only if we were getting the good version of Mikko where he has carried the Avs when MacK has been out in prior years, but im not sure if the early season Mikko would be good enough. He only started being his dominant self after RyJo left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad