GDT: Avalanche vs Oilers 4/5/25 @ 7:00 PM MNT ( Emerg..... Lazy GDT) Let's Refalanche our way to victory!

How many power plays will the Refalanche have tonight?

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 12!

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • ellipses

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Makar and Toews needs to start practicing with a bouncing ball instead of a puck. These two fumbles the puck like nothing I've seen lately. The problem it's happening in the blue line and in their own zone. They need to figure this out in the playoffs.
They were both abysmal in this game. Let's hope they were trying to get all of this sloppiness out of the way now rather than have some of this in the playoffs. Really bad play from both those guys.
Yeah, I agree. He’s cooked mentally right now.

He has no resilience in his game. Giving up goals even soft ones isn’t an issue, but you have to bounce back.

Annunen has shown the ability to bounce back from early softies, like he did against Calgary and Minni. I say go with him. The tape isn’t out on him yet and he’s playing with confidence.
We are probably going to need both guys in the playoffs one way or another. I feel like Bednar is going to go with George until he falters and we'll see when and if that happens.

People are really upset with him and he certainly hasn't had a good season but if he managed to turn it around and start to play really well, he wouldn't be the 1st goaltender in NHL history to do so.

Didn't most people give the carcass of Sergey Bobrovskyi ZERO chance to play well in the playoffs last year?

(50GP 3.07GAA 0.901 SA in reg season last year)
Stop comparing Fourgiev and Kuemper. Kuemper was there when we needed him in the finals. He let in 2 goals in game 4 and 1 goal in game 6. Does anyone actually believe Fourgiev can do that?
It's not trending that way but with goalies, you never really know.

Grubauer looked like ass 3 years ago against vgk and then looked like Tretiak against us in last year's playoffs. I don't know if George is going to be able to step up and play his best when it matters most but I don't know that he can't either.

We'll see. There's a chance he plays very well and takes us deep into the playoffs and there is also a chance that he doesn't and then Justus is going to have to be the man.

One thing I have noticed and so have a few others, the team seems to play better in front of Annunen.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
They were both abysmal in this game. Let's hope they were trying to get all of this sloppiness out of the way now rather than have some of this in the playoffs. Really bad play from both those guys.

We are probably going to need both guys in the playoffs one way or another. I feel like Bednar is going to go with George until he falters and we'll see when and if that happens.

People are really upset with him and he certainly hasn't had a good season but if he managed to turn it around and start to play really well, he wouldn't be the 1st goaltender in NHL history to do so.

Didn't most people give the carcass of Sergey Bobrovskyi ZERO chance to play well in the playoffs last year?

(50GP 3.07GAA 0.901 SA in reg season last year)

It's not trending that way but with goalies, you never really know.

Grubauer looked like ass 3 years ago against vgk and then looked like Tretiak against us in last year's playoffs. I don't know if George is going to be able to step up and play his best when it matters most but I don't know that he can't either.

We'll see. There's a chance he plays very well and takes us deep into the playoffs and there is also a chance that he doesn't and then Justus is going to have to be the man.

One thing I have noticed and so have a few others, the team seems to play better in front of Annunen.
Shiiite you lying to me. He showed he couldnt beat Grubauer last yr. Now he has to likely beat Hellebuyc lol. We are so f***ed with Fourgiev.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Makar and Toews needs to start practicing with a bouncing ball instead of a puck. These two fumbles the puck like nothing I've seen lately. The problem it's happening in the blue line and in their own zone. They need to figure this out in the playoffs.

Honestly, much of the time this year, it feels like it's going to be a long night based on how Toews handles the puck. When he struggles, it really disrupts flow gives opportunities the other way. And it feels like it's night and day from game to game.

Reactions: Spilot23

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Esp. agree with your last sentence. Pretty much concluded that Georgiev has an asshole personality. Grubauer (goals are never MY fault) recollections anybody??

Yer right... guys just stop playing for teammates like that. Especially when their expectations of a poor performance are realized.

It's human nature.
Yeah, unfortunately agree to agree....

Saw a Bednar presser from this morning. He did his usual passive aggressive thing which is his style. Some blah blah blah until got to 'we want him to have a bounce back game'. I took that to translate as 'ffs georgie, can you try to just fvcking steal a period and be likeable a little bit'.

I just smh..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad