GDT: Avalanche vs Oilers 4/5/25 @ 7:00 PM MNT ( Emerg..... Lazy GDT) Let's Refalanche our way to victory!

How many power plays will the Refalanche have tonight?

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 12!

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • ellipses

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Oh I been on the Fourgiev train all year, he's been dog shit. Seemed like he may have turned a corner a few weeks ago, but nah dudes just done for. Zero reason to start him anymore.
Avs have won games in spite of Fourgiev. I can count on one hand how many times Fourgiev has actually won the Avs a game. Hes the purest definition of a back up goalie as you will find. Hes Philip Grubauer from Bulgaria.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Very much this. I mean even then, them laying a stink on the second game of a B2B isn't even that big of a deal. It sucks, you don't want to see it but it's not uncommon and every team has those.

The Georgie stuff is incredibly concerning though. That 6th goal is just so incredibly bad and emblematic of where Georgie is right now. His response was that of a guy who's shot mentally and isn't recovering anytime soon and that's a major problem with the playoffs coming up in a few weeks.

Yeah, I agree. He’s cooked mentally right now.

He has no resilience in his game. Giving up goals even soft ones isn’t an issue, but you have to bounce back.

Annunen has shown the ability to bounce back from early softies, like he did against Calgary and Minni. I say go with him. The tape isn’t out on him yet and he’s playing with confidence.

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
This has been the case since mid October. Ya'll thought it was just hyperbolic lol I was dead serious. Fourgiev has let in 16 goals his last 4 starts. 16. So whats that? 16/4 =....Fourgiev. The math be mathing. The guy Looves the #4 like nobody thats ever existed. Even has it as a jersey number.
Might want JH21 to double check your math there

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not reading all of this thread but how much blame can you really give Fourgiev here? Deflections, own goals, getting shoved out of the way when he's trying to cover a puck while the team gets outshot 2 to 1 on the second game of a back to back. There's only so much he can do.
I did not watch the third period, which I guess most of the complaints about Georgiev came from, but no way you can blame him for the first three IMHO. A crazy good tip that would be anybody, a bad bounce straight to McDavid's stick who is the fastest player in the league, and a weird random bump one which trickles in. The team wasn't winning this game based on the first 10 minutes of play from the first period where they took lazy penalties.

You lot are going overboard with this loss, Oilers aren't exactly a bad team. It's not like losing to the CBJ, which should be considered more of a pathetic loss.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I did not watch the third period, which I guess most of the complaints about Georgiev came from, but no way you can blame him for the first three IMHO. A crazy good tip that would be anybody, a bad bounce straight to McDavid's stick who is the fastest player in the league, and a weird random bump one which trickles in. The team wasn't winning this game based on the first 10 minutes of play from the first period where they took lazy penalties.

You lot are going overboard with this loss, Oilers aren't exactly a bad team. It's not like losing to the CBJ, which should be considered more of a pathetic loss.
You ever wonder why Fourgiev seems to give up a lot of “unlucky bounces”? Maybe they’re not unlucky bounces

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Oh come on. No way to blame him for the first three?

The guy was wildly out of position on goal 2. And on goal 3 I mean... the puck literally trickles in through his five hole because he is so unstructured.

The complaints about Georgiev are the first two periods. The 3rd was just the shit cherry on top

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You ever wonder why Fourgiev seems to give up a lot of “unlucky bounces”? Maybe they’re not unlucky bounces
The second goal you mean? It bounced straight to McDavid's stick from behind the net battles. He has the fastest decision-making in the league, no flaw in getting beat by behind-the-net wraparounds. They are very hard to defend against for goalers because of the limited eyesight from the helmet.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Also I don't know if I'm the only one thinking that but the team seems to be playing better with Annunen in the net. Maybe they do hate Georgiev I don't know. Just remember that game against Nashville after shooting the puck over the glass and pulled. Annunen comes in and the team comes back alive after being down 4-2.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Oh come on. No way to blame him for the first three?

The guy was wildly out of position on goal 2. And on goal 3 I mean... the puck literally trickles in through his five hole because he is so unstructured.

The complaints about Georgiev are the first two periods. The 3rd was just the shit cherry on top
The 2nd and 3rd goal were weak by NHL standard. The 4th and 6th shouldn’t even go in on an ECHL goalie.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
No, we are absolutely not doing that against Edmonton. It was a measuring stick game.
The measuring stick was for the oilers my friend. We have been looked at as a cream-of-the-crop team for a while now. A team that they have been abused by for some time. WE most certainly did not use this as a measuring stick game. They did and they did it well. The Avs were outclassed last night, in a game that meant a lot to the opposition. We’ve not been playing well lately and it was a back to back, but that doesn’t mean we should use this singular game as proof they are done.
I dont buy the mittelstadt slander until we give him decent line mates for longer than a week. Give the guy some time to develop chemistry
I agree. I said earlier this week that he’s been merely “ok” and I still stand by that. He hasn’t been bad but the consistency needs to start showing through. People are quick to crucify players on this board but me it’s hasn’t been bad enough to warrant that much ire. He’s adjusting still and it shows but there’s been positives as well.

Reactions: Vk1ing

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's every goaler though, you get them moving and open holes and you have a sure goal. I said around the 15th game of the season that a lot more teams are going side to side on Georgiev compared to last season and it is getting him off the structured game that Parkkila instilled in him. Nevertheless, he did get bumped into by a follow-through, I am not saying it was "true" goaler interference, but those goals happen on everyone, Hellebuyck, Rask, etc. Maybe I am not caring enough like you lot are because the Avs weren't winning that game, even if we had a prime Roy.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Time and sleep gives some perspective. Avs needed an above average goalie performance to win last night. Not great. Just good. The Oilers got embarrassed 5-0 by Dallas 48 hours earlier, and were salivating at the prospect of getting the Avs on a B2B after playing the night before in Minny. The Oil was rested and pissed. The Avs were tired and just want the playoffs to start. The Avs legs were shot about halfway through the 2nd period, and AG needed to steal it. It's not asking that much after not playing for a week.

Didn't come close. The result was predictable. AG's psychosis is not. Start Annunen v Dallas and get AG to a good sports psychologist.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That's every goaler though, you get them moving and open holes and you have a sure goal. I said around the 15th game of the season that a lot more teams are going side to side on Georgiev compared to last season and it is getting him off the structured game that Parkkila instilled in him. Nevertheless, he did get bumped into by a follow-through, I am not saying it was "true" goaler interference, but those goals happen on everyone, Hellebuyck, Rask, etc. Maybe I am not caring enough like you lot are because the Avs weren't winning that game, even if we had a prime Roy.
Brother, a half competent goaltender has that game AT WORST 2-2 heading into the 3rd.

The Avs completely gave up in the 3rd, and rightfully so. Why exert any effort when you see what Georgiev is letting in? You know a comeback is impossible.

We have seen the Avs look flat during games then come out like gangbusters in the 3rd. Clearly Georgiev wasn't going to allow them to do that last night.

Again, the Oilers deserved that win. But 6-2? Those types of goals? No chance.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Missed most of last game and rewatched the game. A bit of bad luck with skates causing own goals but when a goalie is hot he's somehow in position to make the save. Goals 4 and 6 were very bad, especially #4, that was a back breaker. Georgiev's confidence is low atm, let's ride Annunen for a few more games as he works on his game behind the scenes.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Stop comparing Fourgiev and Kuemper. Kuemper was there when we needed him in the finals. He let in 2 goals in game 4 and 1 goal in game 6. Does anyone actually believe Fourgiev can do that?
Kuemper was the worst goalie in over 30 years to win a SC. Literally, you have to go back to the 80s to find a goalie that bad.

Georgiev isn't worse than him, but our team is.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Had to attend an event my partner was putting on so I missed this one. What's the latest on Mikko? The final score was predictable, but losing Mikko for a while is a lot worse than any loss.

Edit: just watched the recap. Holy f*** that might have been George's worst game yet. Stinker after stinker after stinker. Woof no wonder ya'll are pouring it on him today

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Have tickets for that game. Let's just say am less than enthus'd because I can't gin up hardly any aspect of the game I am curious about. That glove save that wasn't cracked it for me. As already reflected on... ain't happening with #40 anywhere near an Avs net.

Last gm of season vying for placement, no.

McJesus v. MacK mano e mano? Nope.

Ekholm payback? Naw.

Can #40 let in fewer than 4 or more than 7? Uh uh.

Will Makar finish the season before he breaks apart into pieces? Well, that would be interesting and hopeful (that he doesn't).

Enthusiasm for last gm tanked. Did I mention that glove save that wasn't? The horror. The horror. More interested in where and what to eat now.

It doesn't take an Oppenheimer to see that the players don't like and won't find energy to play for their goalie.
Esp. agree with your last sentence. Pretty much concluded that Georgiev has an asshole personality. Grubauer (goals are never MY fault) recollections anybody??

Yer right... guys just stop playing for teammates like that. Especially when their expectations of a poor performance are realized.

It's human nature.

I'm on your side as long as we blame Mittelstadt for the 4th goal
Casey has been terrible. I am a Casey fan --- via my Buffalo fanship --- but he has seen the elephant here in Colorado and needs to get back in touch with his inner mental core.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Brother, a half competent goaltender has that game AT WORST 2-2 heading into the 3rd.

The Avs completely gave up in the 3rd, and rightfully so. Why exert any effort when you see what Georgiev is letting in? You know a comeback is impossible.

We have seen the Avs look flat during games then come out like gangbusters in the 3rd. Clearly Georgiev wasn't going to allow them to do that last night.

Again, the Oilers deserved that win. But 6-2? Those types of goals? No chance.
Have a good Monday discussing this game with your students. There's not much to defend with from last night.

But I believe you felt this was coming........

Ekholm wrecking Rantanen and then scoring the next goal particularly eats at me.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Had to attend an event my partner was putting on so I missed this one. What's the latest on Mikko? The final score was predictable, but losing Mikko for a while is a lot worse than any loss.

Edit: just watched the recap. Holy f*** that might have been George's worst game yet. Stinker after stinker after stinker. Woof no wonder ya'll are pouring it on him today
Yes. We need to vent somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad