IedVGJt.jpg

a3I7Bvg.jpg
mmhwRLf.jpg

JfOy3F1.jpg
3N84P9a.jpg

xoKhpC0.jpg
YpQdQAV.jpg

m0ngr31

Dammit. Shoulda put vs on the thread title. Mods correct that if it bothers you as much as it does me.

If you go back the the Avs main board, you can just double click on the title and edit it yourself.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pretty telling of the top 6's lack of killer instinct that Briere and McLeod of all people are the only ones with more than 1 GWG.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Absolutely terrible that Holden is in over Redmond. Redmond has been bad the last 2 games, maybe 3 but before that he was awesome. There were actually 2 or 3 games where EJ was a little off and Redmond was our best player. I don't even expect this to light a fire under Redmond and have him come back better. I bet it just pisses him off just like it does to all of us while Holden realizes he doesn't ever have to be better because Roy will just put him in anyway.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yep.

My respect for Roy has definitely taken a major hit this week.

Agreed, this is a chicken **** ******** move by Roy, Holden has no right to be playing over Redmond. It's Roy playing favorites. If I was Redmond I'd demand a trade because it's clear he isn't going to get a fair shot here. Redmond has outplayed everyone on D except for EJ, Barrie and Hejda.

I hope we lose 6-0 and Holden is on the ice for all 6 goals.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
The fact that Redmond is out tonight makes me not even want to watch. He's been such a clear cut better player than Holden and it's not even close. Joke of a move.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I have a theory that Roy dislikes when players are shoved off the puck too easily more than a couple times. It seems like those players get sent back down or scratched or sat after that happens. We saw it with every AHL callup, Briere earlier on and Redmond twice. If there is one thing that Holden doesn't do, it is getting shoved off of the puck. Redmond could stand to be a little stronger and better with his balance and lower body strength.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It feels more like he and Sakic are blinded by pride. They just can't for the life of them understand why Holden has been so abominable this year and keep hoping he'll simply "come out of it." Holden was obviously better and more confident last year, but his fundamentals were still horrid. It's just that now he doesn't have the scoring to cover up for those many defensive miscues.

I'm sure there's also the desire to ice a bigger, tougher lineup against a team like Philly, but it's still a bad move IMO.

Does anyone know what the lines are going to be? I'm assuming Rendulic gets stuck with 4th line duty again, but I'm hoping Roy finally gets a clue and puts him in a more meaningful role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad