GDT: Avalanche vs Devils | 8 PM MT | On a Roll

Let him that hath understanding of intangibles count the score for tonight.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Lmao why did I get an alert for you quoting me on this? Do I get automatically notified when someone is called “arrogant” and “youth pastor faced”
Lol I had started a reply to you then deleted. I’m old and can’t remember exactly what it was but I’m sure it wasn’t important

Colton-O'Connor-Wood

COW line
Put them mad cows down lok

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Both plays can be equally bad. Colton is stupid for getting his stick up in Meier's face even if Meier was coming. Get your gloves up, not your stick.

Similarly, Okposo should have been suspended for that hit. That kind of hit can shatter legs and end careers.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Both plays can be equally bad. Colton is stupid for getting his stick up in Meier's face even if Meier was coming. Get your gloves up, not your stick.

Similarly, Okposo should have been suspended for that hit. That kind of hit can shatter legs and end careers.

Hard to tell from the blurry replay, but with your hands on your stick, sometimes you don't have time to think things through and let go of your stick to bring your hands up to protect yourself.

The fine was warranted though. Some circumstances you can be results oriented with IMO, and you can't just let someone cross check someone in the head. Even if that might have happened to Colton if he didn't protect himself. @The Kingslayer said it perfectly. Colton just won the jousting match.

Agree on Okposo. Not only that, but that kind of play could literally kill someone. You could go head first and break your neck or hit your head extremely hard along the boards that don't really move. Absurd IMO not to send a message that these kind of plays won't be tolerated.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Missed the game but I'm happy with any win.

That Colton play looked incredibly dirty. Hate it. Thankfully no one was hurt.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Just wondering whether a professional experienced Ref - USA Hockey level 4 please, currently not employed or affiliated with (paid by)the NHL or one of its teams, has rendered a judgement here on this board regarding the Okposo/Makar hit?

Would love to read it and also to review the official's credentials.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I just thought people drifted away from it after a while like “dark mode”
1699514258474.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad