GDT: Avalanche vs Capitals 2/13/24 @5:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT) We gotta win one eventually..... Right?

Do the Avs stop the loosing streak?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Snow Arc

New doctor; Please be patient
Aug 14, 2020
Happy Valentines Day!

valens.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wasn’t able to watch the third.

Avs played well enough to win but also made some mindblowingly bad mistakes. Lucky for them the Caps are an atrocious team but a win is a win I suppose. Certainly not going to say anything bad about the Roaring 20s with the Finnish stand-in tonight, they were awesome.

Also thought this was one of Byram’s better games.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I really don’t like how happy this place is when Avs win a game. They need to lose again so we have drama, chaos and negativity. You guys are too positive right now

Stop putting the cart before the horse. Bednar needs to keep his guys focused because Washington might come out flying for the next day 4th period. This game is not over.

Not a lot of talk about the Johansen assist. I think he's heating up.

Yep. A nice cushy 1 game point streak. That's likely one of the point steaks of all time if he keeps at it.

Reactions: the_fan

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Wasn’t able to watch the third.

Avs played well enough to win but also made some mindblowingly bad mistakes. Lucky for them the Caps are an atrocious team but a win is a win I suppose. Certainly not going to say anything bad about the Roaring 20s with the Finnish stand-in tonight, they were awesome.

Also thought this was one of Byram’s better games.
I watched the 3rd for you, didn't watch the first 2.

Two ENG's was a nice way to finish off the Caps.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The bottom 6 is leaking oil, all of Cogs, Olof, Kivi, RyJo, Dermy and Parise got crushed at 5v5. Getting some healthy bodies will help that but the 4th line might be more of an issue than previously thought.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
The bottom 6 is leaking oil, all of Cogs, Olof, Kivi, RyJo, Dermy and Parise got crushed at 5v5. Getting some healthy bodies will help that but the 4th line might be more of an issue than previously thought.
I would not be an original commenter in pointing out that neither RyJo or MacDermid belongs on the NHL ice for the Avs.

Kovalenko will be a positive addition to the bottom 6, although we know from an interview that TMV shared a few months back that he is aiming for a Top 6 role- I would be thrilled if he can even challenge for that.

When Nuke returns it pushes another forward down a proper notch.

Last night we played without LOC which also impacted our bottom 6. Although Lehkonen on the "Roaring 20's Line" was a positive factor in this game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Overall mid game by us against a so so opponent, at least they figured out how to get a win.

Not surprised that Lehk and Colton were the best players. Lehk has had a knack for being clutch, and Colton has won 2 Cups and knows what it takes to win.

Top guys struggled again, trying to be way too cute. Over passing, playing on the perimeter, and taking poor shots when they do get a look. 29 and 96 have to be better than what they've shown the past 5.

I find it hilarious that Bednar is sending management a silent but obvious message every game that there are like 3 guys RyJo, Kivaranta, and Olofsson that can't play at the NHL level. Throw in Cogs and Parise who are clearly at the end of their career. You've got 5 guys playing every night that aren't NHLers or providing very little. Landy (if he even plays) and Nuke aren't changing the dumpster fire at forward.

Not sure how much more obvious Bednar can be on RyJo he got like 9 mins last night and was stapled to the bench for most of the 3rd. Good on Bednar to do what's right instead of feeling obligated to play him because that was CMac's BS attempt at 2C. Makes CMac look worse by the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00