Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche-rolled or get rolled. 7PM MTN

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Loved the physical play from Kassian and Looch tonight. Colorado is very soft this year minus Zadorov and Landeskog.

Once they started hitting we played with more confidence and the offence followed.

I’ve been saying it for years, we have to play a bullying style of hockey.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Once they started hitting we played with more confidence and the offence followed.

We are built for it, Colorado is not, we should've been playing them tough all game long.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We are built for it, Colorado is not, we should've been playing them tough all game long.

Once the big boys started rolling the Avs were hearing foot steps.

Intimidation is a major component in sport that gets so overlooked these days.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Once the big boys started rolling the Avs were hearing foot steps.

Intimidation is a major component in sport that gets so overlooked these days.

Partly because the league is less physical than it once was. I wonder if we should add anther physical defenseman since Nurse isn't as physical as he once was now that he uses so much energy rushing the puck?

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
At least then Jesse could play with someone with some skill while Drai and Connor are on the same line.
True, but I highly doubt McLellan would play them. I really dont care how hard our coach works, he has no feel and doesn't get the best out of players. We have the best player on the planet and and another very highly regarded player, yet the worst PP. That is almost impossible. Our PK would be better with no instruction at all, just road hockey it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
True, but I highly doubt McLellan would play them. I really dont care how hard our coach works, he has no feel and doesn't get the best out of players. We have the best player on the planet and and another very highly regarded player, yet the worst PP. That is almost impossible. Our PK would be better with no instruction at all, just road hockey it.

Our main guys haul ass into the zone and head straight for the half boards. Predictability at its finest.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Didn't McLellan tell Kassian to tone it down after that game against San Jose where he was all over the ice? McLellan likes a very controlled, systems game with emotions in check- so the bullying style doesn't really work for him

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Shit:

Sekera
Letestu
Slepyshev
Caggiula
Cammalleri
Kassian
Klefbom

Mediocre:

Russell
Khaira

Way too many passengers and under performers.

It's actually surprising they get the results they do with so many underwhelming players.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Didn't McLellan tell Kassian to tone it down after that game against San Jose where he was all over the ice? McLellan likes a very controlled, systems game with emotions in check- so the bullying style doesn't really work for him

I remember something like that and I don’t get it at all.

We should be playing a high flying kill them all style of play with this roster but we’re a hesitant and mentally fragile group.

Good effort in the third, and not shockingly it all began when Kassian and Looch started dropping guys.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I feel bad for Sekera. Usually a go to for 3 on 3 last year after Klefbom.

He needs a full off-season to recover and rebuild game shape legs.

I hope we don't make a dumb trade with him involved, he was a monster for us last year.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I feel bad for Sekera. Usually a go to for 3 on 3 last year after Klefbom.

He needs a full off-season to recover and rebuild game shape legs.

I hope we don't make a dumb trade with him involved, he was a monster for us last year.

Chia is our GM, lest we forget...we have a few more dumb trades to look forward to.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
****:

Sekera
Letestu
Slepyshev
Caggiula
Cammalleri
Kassian
Klefbom

Mediocre:

Russell
Khaira

Way too many passengers and under performers.

It's actually surprising they get the results they do with so many underwhelming players.

I don't agree that Caggiula and Klefbom were shit. The rest of the list yes.

I swear to God I didn't know Letestu was playing. Cloak of invisibility and not in a good way.

Reactions: McDaddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad