Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Red Wings

• Thread starter NyquistIsMyGod*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Gus-Leg-Mule is an improvement over last game!

On paper a line that should work, at least.

Kinda crazy that we have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss and Legwand. If Weiss stopped sucking that's two legitimate point per game centers and two 50 pt centers. Wonder if we'll ever see them play in the same game though..

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
On paper a line that should work, at least.

Kinda crazy that we have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss and Legwand. If Weiss stopped sucking that's two legitimate point per game centers and two 50 pt centers. Wonder if we'll ever see them play in the same game though..

Doubtful...I wouldn't expect Hank back this year but you might get the other 3 in the lineup together.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Doubtful...I wouldn't expect Hank back this year but you might get the other 3 in the lineup together.

Probably right about this year. But I wouldn't be totally shocked to see us re-sign Legwand, perhaps at the expense of Alfie. In that case..

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Bertuzzi was better than most last game, especially the plugs on the 4th line. Really hope we don't ever have to use Emmerton again.

I absolutely NOT want us to throw the season. Playoffs would be great for our younger players, can't get that experience anywhere else. If we want to go anywhere next season, that can prove important.

Eh, I dunno. Bert looked solid in the first period. He was key on the PP towards creating Franzen's goal and had a few nice plays. The fourth line as a whole did a solid job keeping the puck out of our zone, for the most part. But he just started to look like his usual self after the first. I remember specifically one play in the third where we were breaking toward the zone and he was carrying the puck and just skated ahead of it to go offsides and kill it. Emmerton isn't really useful or even good at anything, but he can be a guy who decently centers the fourth line in a pinch. He forechecks decently, can decently pass the puck, and can PK. Not overly useful, but serviceable. Even player in his NHL career with some very mediocre linemates in recent years.

ashenhigh

Aug 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Probably right about this year. But I wouldn't be totally shocked to see us re-sign Legwand, perhaps at the expense of Alfie. In that case..

Why at the expense of Alfie? Bertuzzi, Clearly, Quincey, Tootoo, Sammy, all come off the books.

YostisHome

Wet Bandits
May 7, 2010
If Ken Hollands name is spoken tomorrow...if this city has a soul he better get a Gary Bettman like welcome

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If Ken Hollands name is spoken tomorrow...if this city has a soul he better get a Gary Bettman like welcome

That won't make any difference. The team has to miss the playoffs for Holland to be questioned and have a shot at losing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad