Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Red Wings

• Thread starter NyquistIsMyGod*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 6 min

#RedWings announce owners Mike and Marian Ilitch won't be at retirement ceremony Thursday for Nicklas Lidstrom because of Mr. I's health.

:(

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Don't even feel like watching the game tomorrow anymore. Probably only gonna watch the Lidstrom ceremony. So disappointed right now

NyquistIsMyGod*

Not sure if I can update the thread title "Avalanche @ Red Wings"

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Abdelkader-Andersson-Alfredsson
Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi

Unless Weiss comes back, then slot him into the 3rd and put Andersson on the 4th.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Unless Weiss comes back, then slot him into the 3rd and put Andersson on the 4th.

I don't think Weiss is expected back until next week.. I'd honestly consider moving Tatar and Abdelkader to spread the offense.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I like the new first line...not that you have any choice given who's out. At least the kid line stays together through all this.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I like the new first line...not that you have any choice given who's out. At least the kid line stays together through all this.

I don't know. Alfredsson hasn't been great 5 on 5, and then adding Andersson to that line. I really think Tatar should hop down a line.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
**** it. Go Wings! And what a night for #5.

Now I'm going to disappear from this board for the afternoon. Too many members with too many opinions out of the woodwork.

probertANDernie

Mar 3, 2013
MI
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 6 min

#RedWings announce owners Mike and Marian Ilitch won't be at retirement ceremony Thursday for Nicklas Lidstrom because of Mr. I's health.

:(

Poor Mr. I, he didn't look well when the Tigers won the AL last year. I wouldn't be shocked if his poor health has lead to some of the questionable hockey decisions that have been going on around here. The man loves hockey and he was no doubt the driving force for the dynasty level Wings teams. All conjuncture of course.

Watching the #5 will be a tear jerk-er, but like manly tears.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar

Well, it's two good lines and a fourth that could be solid but is dragged down by a pylon and a third that's... I don't know. Decent. Hopefully we scratch Bert and run Miller - Emmerton - Glendening on the fourth line. Not much better, but still an improvement, I think.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Well, it's two good lines and a fourth that could be solid but is dragged down by a pylon and a third that's... I don't know. Decent. Hopefully we scratch Bert and run Miller - Emmerton - Glendening on the fourth line. Not much better, but still an improvement, I think.

Bertuzzi was better than most last game, especially the plugs on the 4th line. Really hope we don't ever have to use Emmerton again.

I absolutely NOT want us to throw the season. Playoffs would be great for our younger players, can't get that experience anywhere else. If we want to go anywhere next season, that can prove important.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Bertuzzi was better than most last game, especially the plugs on the 4th line. Really hope we don't ever have to use Emmerton again.

I absolutely NOT want us to throw the season. Playoffs would be great for our younger players, can't get that experience anywhere else. If we want to go anywhere next season, that can prove important.

This. I'd rather make the playoffs, get pick #17 than pick #14 or so while missing. I hate the idea of tanking when you have the potential to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad