GDT: Avalanche @ Red Wings | 5:30 PM MT | February 12, 2016

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Well its nice to pick wins up..
ESPECIALLY after that near disaster losing 4 in a row....

We need a big team game.. lots of hitting and team play... no reason this far into the season to not be playing team hockey...

Bright points..
Ej is still decent as a defensive player even injured
Dutchii and :Landy are playing better.... LAndy much better than he was
Our under performing star MAcK is leading the team in points.. what will happen when he plays a good two way game?

Happy V day to our Avs fans.. in Europe where its officially the day of Love..
Fore
God so loved etc ...

I love the Avs.. happy valentines day guys! now lets go learn to play hockey and put some points up between us and those other bottom feeders.. er um bubble teams ... lol

just saw mini lost again (Sat)..., I cannot imagine how there fans are doing.. and I think they have a great head coach....

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
It is flat out amazing the Avs have the record they do given how they play: apply minimal forecheck; easily let other team break out of their zone; spend two minutes watching other team cycle the puck and pepper goaltender; once possession is gained quickly (and w/o thinking) fire puck out of the zone for icing or return possession to the other team. Rinse lather repeat....on the flip side maybe its brilliant psychology. The opponent thinks it is in complete control, goalie gets bored /distracted from facing one shot every five minutes, defense gets over confident, Avs get turn over (which is bound to happen by random chance alone at least once a period) that turns into a goal/high % chance as the other team lets their guard down:handclap:.

It's pretty hard to believe, I know. But the Avs seem to get their fair share of wins, even against good teams, while playing AHL-level hockey. Go figure.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Our under performing star MAcK is leading the team in points.. what will happen when he plays a good two way game?

To be fair can we really call him underperforming? Maybe this is just the player MacK is. He hasn't consistently played at a higher level than he is right now at any point in the last 2 seasons has he?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
To be fair can we really call him underperforming? Maybe this is just the player MacK is. He hasn't consistently played at a higher level than he is right now at any point in the last 2 seasons has he?

MacK was better offensively in his rookie year, but not better defensively. He's trying to figure out how to do both.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
The most surprising thing about that stat is that we have only allowed 40+ shots in 25 games.

I would have guessed 35 atleast in the last 3 years.

Oh yeah...

Varlagod!
We probably have. Giguere, Pickard and Berra has probably faced a combined 10 games of 40+ shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad