Avalanche Player Rankings #2

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
How is MacK so ******* high up there? (wow, that is not an acceptable word? There are even works of art acknowledged with that word in it)

He isn't close to being as good a player as a few on our team. Yet.

What are you going to say after he leads the team in goal this year?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
What are you going to say after he leads the team in goal this year?

Even so, he probably will not be the Avs best player.

That's not a knack on him, but I don't see his defence improving enough for him to be considered better as some of the other players overall.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
It's a poll about last year. The poster even mentioned many times that he did not want MacKs potential to taken into account.

No it's not. It's about the quality of a player going into next year, as stated in the OP.
"Who is the 2nd best Avalanche player on the team"

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City

That's not a knack on him, but I don't see his defence improving enough for him to be considered better as some of the other players overall.

I know he's not all world on defence, but the kid is something special. We have Matty at first and his defensive game is not superb. Mack in my book is Stamkos like, not saying 60 goals, but 40 wouldn't surprise me.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I know he's not all world on defence, but the kid is something special. We have Matty at first and his defensive game is not superb. Mack in my book is Stamkos like, not saying 60 goals, but 40 wouldn't surprise me.

And after that year he should be higher up on the list than now. But now he should just sniff the top-5 in my opinion with 9,1,26,6 and 90 better than him.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
No it's not. It's about the quality of a player going into next year, as stated in the OP.

Yes, who is the 2nd best player right now. Not who you think will make the most progress next year. If Game 1 of the regular season started tomorrow, MacKinnon would not be amongst our top 4 players AT LEAST. But that's my opinion, to each their own.

This is not a poll where potential is taken into account. So voting MacKinnon means you think he is actually the 2nd best player on this team ignoring any improvement he will make over the summer which we cannot account for since it would simply be guessing and defeat the purpose of this poll.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Yes, who is the 2nd best player right now. Not who you think will make the most progress next year. If Game 1 of the regular season started tomorrow, MacKinnon would not be amongst our top 4 players AT LEAST. But that's my opinion, to each their own.

This is not a poll where potential is taken into account. So voting MacKinnon means you think he is actually the 2nd best player on this team ignoring any improvement he will make over the summer which we cannot account for since it would simply be guessing and defeat the purpose of this poll.

I know not potential, but going into next season I predict big things from Mack so I'm not talking 5 years down the road. We are talking about now and they are not playing right now, it's not about the past more than it is about the future. It's going into next season and I think Mack will be our best goal scorer, whether that puts him out of the top 5 on the team in your opinion is fine by me, but I've seen enough from him so far.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Which would only take what has previously happened into account, not what is expected to happen. The OP has specifically said many times that he did not want people to take MacK's potential into account. This poll has nothing to do with the future/potential, just the here and now.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I take it as "what if they took to the ice today". So it's current snapshot that has to be based on past results but also future expectations. It's just like anything you predict to happen an hour from now. We can't predict the future but you make a reasonable assumption based on past results but also what you perceive will happen. I understand that it's not a "what if MacK scores 40 goals", "what if Duchene scores 90 points", kind of projection but more of a what if I went to a game literally today what would I expect to see.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I know not potential, but going into next season I predict big things from Mack so I'm not talking 5 years down the road. We are talking about now and they are not playing right now, it's not about the past more than it is about the future. It's going into next season and I think Mack will be our best goal scorer, whether that puts him out of the top 5 on the team in your opinion is fine by me, but I've seen enough from him so far.

Even next year is based on potential. Like you said, "i think MacK will be our best goal scoring". Its not about what someone "will" be. Thats just a prediction based on the potential he showed this year. I think most expect him to be our top goal scorer even as early as next year, but I dont think hardly anyone would say he is our best goal scorer as of today.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014

His defense is better than Crosby's was at 18 and in juniors that was never mentioned as a deficiency of his. He's actually really solid he just makes the occasional bad play imo.

But thank god EJ is winning the new one. Mac isn't top 5 this year for me. He's #6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad