Avalanche Player Rankings #2

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ok, so this is the next one of a poll where we're determining whom the best players are on the Avalanche.

Not who has the most potential, not who is the most valuable or is the most irreplaceable... "Who is the 2nd best Avalanche player on the team?"

Yes, who is the 2nd best player right now. Not who you think will make the most progress next year. If Game 1 of the regular season started tomorrow, MacKinnon would not be amongst our top 4 players AT LEAST. But that's my opinion, to each their own.

This is not a poll where potential is taken into account. So voting MacKinnon means you think he is actually the 2nd best player on this team ignoring any improvement he will make over the summer which we cannot account for since it would simply be guessing and defeat the purpose of this poll.

1. Matt Duchene (67%)

Who do people want next. Barrie?

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Varly followed by EJ.

Duchene, Varly, EJ put the team on there back for a large portion of this season. Those 3 were a huge part for this team this year. After that I'd say Stastny was #4, followed by ROR, Barrie, and Landy.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Absolutely laughable that 8 people think that Mac is the 2nd best player on the team in the first place as he's not even top 5 yet for me. But not one person voted EJ? Ridiculous.

Varly
EJ
Landy
ROR

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
now: future:
1-duchene mackinnon
2-varlamov varlamov
3-landeskog Duchene
4-o'reilly landeskog
5-mackinnon o'reilly
6-johnson barrie
7-stastny Johnson
8-barrie bigras
9-mcginn stastny
10-parenteau mcginn

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Staz then Varly. After that I'd lean towards Landy although couldn't really argue with anyone saying ROR or even EJ.

I think we have tiers at the moment. Dutchy/Pauly/Varly are all very close to each other, as are Landy/ROR/EJ. Nathan takes the spot behind those 6 for now with Barrie, Hejda and a healthy Tanguay not far behind.

member 116861

These would be my tiers

Varly
Dutchy

Staz
ROR
Landy
EJ

MacK

Tanguay
Hejda
Barrie

McGinn
Parenteau

Talbot
Mitchell
Holden
Benoit

Everyone else

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Had Varly at 1

Going with ROR at #2 over Duchene who had too many defensive lapses. Most efficient and consistent defender on the team. Top goal scorer and was just behind Duchene in the consistency department offensively. Longest pointless streak for both-4. Worst 10 game stretch for both- 8 games with no points. Worst 20 game stretch- 11 for both. The only difference- Duchene scored in 63% of the games, RoR 58% ( just a 4 game difference).

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
How is MacK so ******* high up there? (wow, that is not an acceptable word? There are even works of art acknowledged with that word in it)

He isn't close to being as good a player as a few on our team. Yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad