Avalanche Player Rankings #11

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
With Free Agency and the Draft dying down... here's poll #11.

Note: We WILL be rankings significant members of last year's team. Not new members.
--------------------------------------
Ok, so this is the next one of a poll where we're determining whom the best players are on the Avalanche... I'm running them ~3 days or however long it takes to get a clear winner.

Not who has the most potential, not who is the most valuable or is the most irreplaceable... "Who is the 2nd best Avalanche player on the team?"

Yes, who is the 2nd best player right now. Not who you think will make the most progress next year. If Game 1 of the regular season started tomorrow, MacKinnon would not be amongst our top 4 players AT LEAST. But that's my opinion, to each their own.

This is not a poll where potential is taken into account. So voting MacKinnon means you think he is actually the 2nd best player on this team ignoring any improvement he will make over the summer which we cannot account for since it would simply be guessing and defeat the purpose of this poll.

1. Matt Duchene (67% - 101 Votes)
2. Semyon Varlamov (75% - 94 Votes)
3. Erik Johnson (45% - 90 Votes)
4. Gabriel Landeskog (45% - 80 Votes)
5. Ryan O'Reilly (54% - 74 Votes)
6. Paul Stastny (68% - 68 Votes)
7. Nathan MacKinnon (93% - 58 Votes)
8. Tyson Barrie (68% - 69 Votes)
9. Jan Hejda (45% - 65 Votes)
10. Alex Tanguay (50% - 56 Votes)

Remember to mention who you want added next and that injuries/potential don't count, only how good the player would be if they stepped on the ice today.

***PLEASE stop bumping the old threads, put your conversations in the latest threads. ***

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I have a feeling people won't vote PAP since he's gone now. But I think it has to be him. McGinn is the only other one who has a chance

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Between PAP and Ginner, chose PAP.

Add: no-one.
I think these are enough actually, unless we do the entire team.
If we still continue, add Jiggy

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Add Downie (7 pts in 11 games), Giguere

Personally, I don't think Downie should count. Only 11 games + no future with the team. Hishon while he only played a little bit at least has a future with the team.

But group dynamics will win. More people's opinions will decide how the fringe guys are treated... add Downie? Ignore Downie? Hishon? Malone? Carey? Hunny and Stollery? Berra?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Personally, I don't think Downie should count. Only 11 games + no future with the team. Hishon while he only played a little bit at least has a future with the team.

But group dynamics will win. More people's opinions will decide how the fringe guys are treated... add Downie? Ignore Downie? Hishon? Malone? Carey? Hunny and Stollery? Berra?

This entire time you've been pumping the idea that the future doesn't matter in this vote......??

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This entire time you've been pumping the idea that the future doesn't matter in this vote......??

By that, I meant it's not like he was injured and will still be around (see: Tanguay).

But like I said, everyone else can decide.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It wasn't like Downie had a great year post Avs. We should probably try to keep it as current as possible. Stastny and PA are enough, we don't need even more former Avs like Downie, Jiggy and Benoit but that's how I see it.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Wow... PAP losing in a landslide so far. Only 37 votes though, is everyone tired of this thing?

member 116861

Wow... PAP losing in a landslide so far. Only 37 votes though, is everyone tired of this thing?

It doesn't make as much sense with Stastny and PAP gone. I would love to do another one with our new players.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'd say just finish it off at 15. For some reason we get less votes when it's a tough choice vs when it's a landslide. I think it would still be nice to finish at an even number and to have the results for a historical reason but we should move to get through it faster. There are enough people active that it's still interesting but I wouldn't wait after the obvious initial rush. I find these polls interesting, I'm actually most interested in getting to the prospect polls but it would be nice to find some closure to this type of poll. Maybe to fit in Iginla do a poll asking people where he's rank (3rd, 4th, 5th, ect) rather than redoing the whole thing then I think the rest of the new guys are fair game right about here where we are in the ranking and take out Benoit as an option, I don't think he will come up before 15 anyway. Just a couple thoughts anyway.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
It doesn't make as much sense with Stastny and PAP gone. I would love to do another one with our new players.

There's no way to judge where their success will be. Was thinking this could be a year over year thing and we could compare roster rankings over time.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
If Tanguay's 16 games count, so should Downie's 11 - regardless of being traded.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Tanguay's 16 games count, so should Downie's 11 - regardless of being traded.

It's not a review of the season, it's a poll of the team if they stepped on the ice today. I wouldn't include any former players, in fact I objected having Stastny on the poll to begin with because he technically wasn't Avs property anymore back then.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
It's not a review of the season, it's a poll of the team if they stepped on the ice today. I wouldn't include any former players, in fact I objected having Stastny on the poll to begin with because he technically wasn't Avs property anymore back then.

If this isn't a review of the season then what is the point in basing votes on how they performed last season if they stepped on the ice right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad