GDT: Avalanche @ Penguins | November 19th, 5MT | March of the Guenins

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah... I don't want hesitation. I want good and quick decisions. Only a couple defensemen on the Avs are capable of both currently... even they can get hesitant.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah... I don't want hesitation. I want good and quick decisions. Only a couple defensemen on the Avs are capable of both currently... even they can get hesitant.

This team gets too slow. That's one example, another is on the PP. NHL players are just too good, give them a second or two to adjust and the opportunity vanishes. They shouldn't just be flinging the puck around and I hate it when they do the blind chip that only relieves pressure for one second but if you have the puck then do something with it.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
The NZ gets pretty congested and your lane eventually ends, unless your EJ who nobody wants to get in front of.

And if this stuff is part of the game plan then no one will be caught off guard by it.

Yes, in their own zone under heavy pressure they just need to go forward. I'm not talking about starting the transition though with the other team doing their best to hold the puck in the zone and guys everywhere in the DZ. I'm talking about the situations where everyone is in the NZ and/or OZ. I'm talking about when the opponent has set up their D and you have pushed the forecheck away from our goal. I'm talking about when we can't stop the puck from going out of the OZ instead of just tossing it back it to them while we get everyone on side to just back it out further. I'm talking about when we just stand behind our net and carry the puck up the ice because they have a light DZ forecheck going. There are safe times to reverse the puck and their are times when it's dumb. I don't recall Redmond reversing the play at any inopportune times last night.

As for Gormley, has he skated more than 2 ft with the puck this year? Seems he is much more of a passer than puck carrier. When a situation arises that allows us to take the time and pick which Dman is going to break the puck out Gormley should be the safety valve. Let the puck carrier get the D out of position and if he doesn't have a play then cycle over to Gormley who should then have better passing options. It's hard to breakdown a defense via the pass when they are passively sitting back and clogging those passing lanes.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The NZ gets pretty congested and your lane eventually ends, unless your EJ who nobody wants to get in front of.

And if this stuff is part of the game plan then no one will be caught off guard by it.

Yes, in their own zone under heavy pressure they just need to go forward. I'm not talking about starting the transition though with the other team doing their best to hold the puck in the zone and guys everywhere in the DZ. I'm talking about the situations where everyone is in the NZ and/or OZ. I'm talking about when the opponent has set up their D and you have pushed the forecheck away from our goal. I'm talking about when we can't stop the puck from going out of the OZ instead of just tossing it back it to them while we get everyone on side to just back it out further. I'm talking about when we just stand behind our net and carry the puck up the ice because they have a light DZ forecheck going. There are safe times to reverse the puck and their are times when it's dumb. I don't recall Redmond reversing the play at any inopportune times last night.

As for Gormley, has he skated more than 2 ft with the puck this year? Seems he is much more of a passer than puck carrier. When a situation arises that allows us to take the time and pick which Dman is going to break the puck out Gormley should be the safety valve. Let the puck carrier get the D out of position and if he doesn't have a play then cycle over to Gormley who should then have better passing options. It's hard to breakdown a defense via the pass when they are passively sitting back and clogging those passing lanes.

Gormley carried it last night and got a shot off. Looked like Stefan Elliott for a moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad