Post-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Lightning 1/25/2014 7PM EST: Battle of Young Sami VS. Old Sami.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
525988efb3ce3.jpg

:avs
O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landeskog - Stastny - Mitchell
Talbot - MacKinnon - Parenteau
McLeod - Cliche - Bordeleau

Helda - Johnson
Benoit - Holden
Barrie - Guenin

Sami Aittokallio

:bolts
Palat - Johnson - St. Louis
Killhorn - Filppula - Purcell
Brown - Thmopson - Kucherov
Malone - Crombeen

Sami Salo - Hedman
Carle - Gudos
Brewer - Barberio
Aulie

Bishop

Tonight's players to watch in this West vs. East battle to the best Finnish!

In the west corner, the up and coming Finnish goaltender, wearing the away whites. Sami.... Aittokalioooo!!!

sami.jpg

In the East corner, the old man with a bomb from the point, in the home blues. Sami Salo!

Sami%2BSalo%2BTampa%2BBay%2BLightning%2Bv%2BNew%2BYork%2BIslanders%2BNe1QkmgVm-ol.jpg

Hopefully this is the Sami we see
512x.jpg

and not this one....
20130412__AvsAittokallio041213~p1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Tampa fan here, just wondering what the story is on Aittokallio? Is he looking to be a good goalie or anythinhg yet?

NHL potential, 2nd NHL career start, decent in the AHL and hoping for big things from him. He's like a raw Varlamov. Very athletic but doesn't know how to control his motions quite yet.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah talented but raw. He's not ready for the NHL yet so I don't know what to expect. He is still very young. He seems to rise to the occasion though. We are all excited to see him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm very happy to see Guenin back. Wilson has been a disaster.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Scouts for Tonight's game:

Adrian Dater (via Sulia) said:
Scouts from the following five NHL teams are here for #Avs-Lightning tonight...

Two from the Columbus Blue Jackets (second night in a row, including John Davidson), two from the Detroit Red Wings, and one each from the Chicago Blackhawks, Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers.
One piece of gossip I picked up: John Mitchell's name has been in play of late. Doesn't mean anything will happen.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I miss Sarich a bit. He's slow, but at least he can complete a pass and doesn't brain cramp as much as others.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah...McNab is going to have issues with pronouncing Sami's name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad