Rumor: Avalanche interested in Micheal Ferland

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Anyone knows what Ferland is looking for in terms of money and term?

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think Ferland is the perfect player to add for the Avs, just matters on term and AAV. I'd be fine with throwing 5mil on a 1 year deal and rolling lines of:
Ferland-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Kadri-Jost
Burakovsky-Compher-Donskoi
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert
Landeskog-Kadri-Ferland line. Because **** the other team.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Ferland Mackinnon Rantanen
Landeskog Kadri Donskoi

That’s worlds better than what the Avs had last year. Add in one of the best future blue lines with Makar, Byram, Girard, Timmins and Zadorov, with decent veterans like EJ and Cole and I think the Avs could contend as early as this season. There’s still some decent future forwards including Jost, Compher, Kaut, and Newhook as well, I really like what Sakic has done this offseason.

Getting Mackinnon and Kadri at 10.8 million for the next 3 seasons gives the team a lot of flexibility. I wouldn’t go past two years with Ferland however and I doubt he would accept that but you never know.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Ferland hasnt missed more than 11 games in a season since being called up to the NHL. That isn't too bad at all. I don't mean forget about kamenev/Greer completely but they shouldn't be a concern this year. Kamenev is truely never healthy. Greer could get some time due to injuries but other than that our bottom 6 is strong.
He didn't miss more than 11 games last year ? It seemed like he was injured half the season for the canes. He would come back play 3 shifts and be out for the game with injury again , and then do the same thing the next game . Maybe miss a game and then play another shift .

Idk it seems like he missed a lot of time after Christmas last year

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
He didn't miss more than 11 games last year ? It seemed like he was injured half the season for the canes. He would come back play 3 shifts and be out for the game with injury again , and then do the same thing the next game . Maybe miss a game and then play another shift .

Idk it seems like he missed a lot of time after Christmas last year

Yep, he might not have "missed" games, but he certainly took himself out early in a handful of em.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
My guess is Ferland is looking for term and no one wants to give term. Dzingle same thing more than likely.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Landeskog-Kadri-Ferland line. Because **** the other team.
He has been in Vancouver for 2 days. Someone claiming that he would get 4times4 once Nucks made some space. Have no idea if its true, but the dude who posted it isnt a troll. He actually apologized for saying it would happen yesterday and made a donation to one of the teams charity's. Would be a good fit for him playing top line with Petey and Brock.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Would be a good pickup for the Avs. I'm surprised that even with all their cap room and having 2 top 15-20 players in the game on their team that they haven't signed more free agents.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Would be a good pickup for the Avs. I'm surprised that even with all their cap room and having 2 top 15-20 players in the game on their team that they haven't signed more free agents.

Have you seen our roster? It's hard to get much deeper in this league than what the Avs are up front right now.

We simply dont have any room for anyone else. Unless we can convince a guy like Ferland to come on a 1 year deal or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad