Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Breaking the Habit

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Why did Bo skate away from Mikko after Mikko scored? Didnt dap him up either just kinda stood at the bench and Mikko fist bumped him. Dont think I seen that before. Did Mikko yell at him earlier in the game?

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
"The whole team kind of looked like we relaxed in the third period," Avalanche coach Jared Bednar said. "We gave them some good quality looks … and we kind of let off the gas a little bit and let them right back into it. So, it's a good learning lesson."

Really Jared? How often does this team need such a "learning lesson"? How often did they fall back into turtle-modus this season? It´s getting tiring....

Reactions: cinchronicity

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
"The whole team kind of looked like we relaxed in the third period," Avalanche coach Jared Bednar said. "We gave them some good quality looks … and we kind of let off the gas a little bit and let them right back into it. So, it's a good learning lesson."

Really Jared? How often does this team need such a "learning lesson"? How often did they fall back into turtle-modus this season? It´s getting tiring....
You could say that about 32 teams in the league. Every team in the league blow leads.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

I think Jared knows what he’s doing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why did Bo skate away from Mikko after Mikko scored? Didnt dap him up either just kinda stood at the bench and Mikko fist bumped him. Dont think I seen that before. Did Mikko yell at him earlier in the game?

He had just hoped on the ice. He was trying to circle back so he didn't take the cheap plus and Cale could take it since he was still standing by the bench.

Didn't work though, they still gave it to him. Think Cale just hoped off after the goal, he doesn't care.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Personally, I’m not worrying at all about style points right now.

They’re icing a second line of Newhook, Compher, and Rodrigues.

Just get the wins and hopefully win the division. Then when the playoffs start hopefully the reinforcements are ready to go.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Name a team that goes maximum effort every single time with a lead.

The regular season is laughably long. It's best to take a breather when you can.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Two points is whats important. Lay off that Arizona blow next time guys. That was some brutal hockey. Also, f*** off with ERod shooting first in the shootouts. Enough already he has one move and it doesnt work anymore. Hes also ugly.
Anyone who thinks AZ blows is out to lunch. Of all the teams that are "out" of it at this point, AZ is the only one I've seen that is still giving an honest effort.

I respect them for at least going out there and still giving a shit and making us earn points.

Yeah they lack talent and depth but they at least play hard.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't care about style points. I'm more concerned with the idea that whenever the Avs play anybody with a pulse they struggle. Even the non-playoff teams when they get their act together for spurts within the game, they give the Avs troubles. The Minny and LA games this week will say a lot IMO.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't care about style points. I'm more concerned with the idea that whenever the Avs play anybody with a pulse they struggle. Even the non-playoff teams when they get their act together for spurts within the game, they give the Avs troubles. The Minny and LA games this week will say a lot IMO.
It will interesting to see how we fair against those 2.

I'm still convinced that any team that's even remotely competent will beat us and effectively shut us down.

It's really not hard to focus 3 guys. We just don't don't have the depth to concern any legit team. It's basically 1 hard shift against 29 and 96 then 3 shifts that they get to dominate us. It wears us down while the other team is catching intermittent breaks.

Even if we were fully healthy not having a legit 2C would still kill us. Not being healthy is really crushing us.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It will interesting to see how we fair against those 2.

I'm still convinced that any team that's even remotely competent will beat us and effectively shut us down.

It's really not hard to focus 3 guys. We just don't don't have the depth to concern any legit team. It's basically 1 hard shift against 29 and 96 then 3 shifts that they get to dominate us. It wears us down while the other team is catching intermittent breaks.

Even if we were fully healthy not having a legit 2C would still kill us. Not being healthy is really crushing us.
I fear you are right, but hope you are wrong.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
"Not hard to focus on 3 guys."

When those guys are Mack, Cale and Mikko, ask anyone around the league if it's not hard lol?

Guys. Our core is elite. Best of the best. Literally current champions, to put a stamp on it. The D corps are possibly best-in-league. Georgie is way better than Küemps.

Also: show me a team that doesn't relax from time to time when having a lead. It's a long season and these are men, not machines.

I have all the faith we make another long run. When the going gets tough the tough get going, and our guys are legit proven to raise their game in the off-season. Watch Mikko, Mack, Cale and the rest burn villages in the playoffs!!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Anyone who thinks AZ blows is out to lunch. Of all the teams that are "out" of it at this point, AZ is the only one I've seen that is still giving an honest effort.

I respect them for at least going out there and still giving a shit and making us earn points.

Yeah they lack talent and depth but they at least play hard.
I never said AZ blows lol.

Reactions: chet1926

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Will they?

The Avs will still be without two-top six forwards, and a top-4 defenceman. The situation for the Avs isn’t going to change until the playoffs.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Will they?

The Avs will still be without two-top six forwards, and a top-4 defenceman. The situation for the Avs isn’t going to change until the playoffs.
Yeah it still will. Avs haven't played playoff teams well and they need to turn that trend around. Minny is still without Kaprizov too...

Adding to that, the Avs are unlikely to be fully healthy at all this season. Even if players are playing, they are likely to be banged up.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Yeah it still will. Avs haven't played playoff teams well and they need to turn that trend around. Minny is still without Kaprizov too...

Adding to that, the Avs are unlikely to be fully healthy at all this season. Even if players are playing, they are likely to be banged up.

Yeah, if Minny is without Kaprizov then it’s fair to judge that one straight across.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs struggle against anyone with a pulse? It's not their fault they've been playing lesser competition since they started getting healthy. They're still beating playoff teams.

Jan 7 - Edmonton - W
Jan 21 - Seattle - W
Feb 14 - Tampa - W
Feb 15 - Minnesota - W
Feb 19 - Edmonton - W
Feb 24 - Winnipeg - W
Feb 27 - Vegas - W
Mar 15 - Toronto - W

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Avs struggle against anyone with a pulse? It's not their fault they've been playing lesser competition since they started getting healthy. They're still beating playoff teams.

Jan 7 - Edmonton - W
Jan 21 - Seattle - W
Feb 14 - Tampa - W
Feb 15 - Minnesota - W
Feb 19 - Edmonton - W
Feb 24 - Winnipeg - W
Feb 27 - Vegas - W
Mar 15 - Toronto - W
You and your facts! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
To be fair, the Coyotes have a winning record IIRC at Mullett for a reason.

That said, Avs really need to quit turning in efforts like that where they're just floating around the defensive zone. Also, I wanted to scream my head off at Nate for that stupid NZ pass toward his own zone to Mikko that the latter didn't see coming, the moment I saw that and the Coyotes capitalized I said to myself "I bet that will result in a goal." Sure enough...

I find it funny that Ingram once again turned in a stellar performance that was pretty much upended on a fluke play that was partially his fault. Echoes of that sweep against Nashville last year when he was putting up a stellar performance, then turned the puck over while trying to get it to one of his teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad