Avalanche board mock draft/offseason (Part 2):

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I think we had a fun draft, but the actual signings kinda overshadow playing out a fantasy free agency period.

That being said, thank you to the people who helped make the mock draft enjoyable and kept it organized...

...and *%#$ the Blues, I don't wanna be their GM anyhow

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think that it kind of died with the free agency, and now that people can honor all the signings instead of bidding. I think next offseason we should start it right when the finals start with the order determined by who is the favorite. Then have a much quicker draft and free agency to have them all done before July.

It will be interesting in a few years to see how people did with their drafts.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I think that it kind of died with the free agency, and now that people can honor all the signings instead of bidding. I think next offseason we should start it right when the finals start with the order determined by who is the favorite. Then have a much quicker draft and free agency to have them all done before July.

Thanks for taking the time to do it

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I had fun, especially the draft part. Forced me to learn about lower ranked prospects and really helped leading up to our own draft.

I agree, start it early June next year and I'd be up for doing this again. Thanks Hench for the great idea and hard work!

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Thanks Hench it was good work by you. :handclap:

Definitely held up by the long draft. I think most GMs would have accepted auto pick and submitting an "if available list" for rounds 4-7. Knocked those out in a day.

Keeping the first 30 posts after the OP in each thread for the team rosters, then RFAs and UFAs when the time comes, would be good too.

I've done a few FF football leagues similar to this over the years and it is hard to keep it going when you have 30 or so people with real lives getting in the way.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Had some fun with looking back on this one and thought I'd bump it up. Especially given how the Avs have gone ahead and moved their top 2 2014 picks. (if you want to really laugh, notice how none of us picked Kyle Wood, hahaha)

Original thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1687385

I grabbed Draisaitl, Nedeljkovic, Lindblom, Letunov, Perron, Kahkonen, Englund and Holmstrom.

It's hard to be too disappointed in that from a mock GM standpoint. Draisaitl is tearing it up, Nedeljkovic is a great goalie prospect, Letunov has been really good as has Perron. Englund somehow slipped to the 5th in our draft, but is a strong defensive defenseman prospect. Holmstrom hasn't progressed much, but you never know when they transition from Europe.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm still in love with Gavin Bayreuther... the kid is going to be a hell of a player.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Honka, MacInnis, Bunting, Muzito Bagenda, Audette, Jenys, Centorame, Minney, Elgestal

Decent early picks with Honka and MacInnis, and the others may eventually pan out. It will be interesting to look back at this in another 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad