GDT: Avalanche at Blues 12/29/23 @6:00PM MT (Emergency GDT) We can't possibly mess up again.... Right?

Best Soda? Pop? Coke is all?

• Coke

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pepesi

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dr.Peppee

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Mountain Dew

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Sprite

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Orange Crush

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Root Beer

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Cream Soda

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • 7UP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr.Pepper

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I actually enjoyed Ryan millers takes on goalies tonight
I actually liked his take on the "bad pass" that sprung Thomas for the breakaway goal.....

He and Liles looked at each other like "can we actually say or even imply the McKinnon ef'd up there?"

It was hilarious.....

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Scoring chances at even strength ended 17-11 for St. Louis.

High danger chances ended up 5-3 for St. Louis.

On the PP St. Louis had 9 scoring chances including 3 high danger. Colorado had 1 scoring chance and 0 high danger.

Overall in all situations scoring chances ended 26-12 for the Blues, 8-3 high danger.

Bad, bad game by the Avs.
Agree. The Blues passing was shredding the Avs D zone coverage. They picked lanes to pass through at random and consistently.

And the Blues consistently shut down the Avs ability to rush the puck. The 3rd period was actually a grind 'em out contest and I am amazed that the Avs handled it.

You know the saying, your best players have to the best players on the ice. This will likely PO adoring fans but MacKinnon was not good tonight. Nuke has lost that very top edge he displayed in Dec. Makar is not quite right. Elite still but not at the top of his game. And Rants.... well we've seen him play like this many times over the years.

Yet everyone pisses and moans about RyJo and Toews and Georgiev. And yet, they were the Avs best players tonight. (IMO).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Agree. The Blues passing was shredding the Avs D zone coverage. They picked lanes to pass through at random and consistently.

And the Blues consistently shut down the Avs ability to rush the puck. The 3rd period was actually a grind 'em out contest and I am amazed that the Avs handled it.

You know the saying, your best players have to the best players on the ice. This will likely PO adoring fans but MacKinnon was not good tonight. Nuke has lost that very top edge he displayed in Dec. Makar is not quite right. Elite still but not at the top of his game. And Rants.... well we've seen him play like this many times over the years.

Yet everyone pisses and moans about RyJo and Toews and Georgiev. And yet, they were the Avs best players tonight. (IMO).
MacKinnon has been the best Avs player for the last 20 games, an off night is going to happen. He was off to start the season, then went insane, he's earned his mulligan. Ditto Nichushkin.

We get on the others because they've been bad most of the season. I didn't think Johansen was good tonight, I just thought he wasn't as bad as the others and he factored into both Avs goals.

Regardless, take the ugly win while you can and move onto the Sharks this Sunday. Avs could use a blowout victory against the Sharks to get team morale up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I’d say more Toews and George, but yup to all of this. It wasn’t a pretty win and the Avs really didn’t deserve it, but George got them one.

Reactions: missionAvs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You just look at that Nuke reaction on the gwg... I doubt this team is accepting of sucking.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Georgiev was solid tonight. Avs lose this one pretty badly otherwise. Ugly loss followed by ugly win. Ugly wins are more fun. Good news that Girard is probably back next game. Very happy about that and Byram probably feels the same.

That should hopefully help defensively and in the transition game.

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - Malinski/JJ

Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That should hopefully help defensively and in the transition game.

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - Malinski/JJ
I believe it will be JMFJ since Malinski was just sent down to the Eagles.

Wonder if Bednar tries to ease Girard back in, or if he's good for his usual 20+ and he decides to drop Byram's minutes.

EDIT:

Speaking of minutes tonight...

Rantanen - 25:21
Makar - 24:45
Toews - 23:49
MacKinnon - 23:37

Thankfully Nichushkin "only" at 20 minutes.

Drouin with almost 18 minutes tonight. You can tell he is earning Bednar's trust more by the game. He continues to win a ton of battles and backcheck like a maniac.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Blues GDT is only 7 pages. Does anyone get the feeling that if Kadri was still on the Avs it would be double that? It would be half vitriol and half defending the vitriol.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Getting up in the middle of the night to take a piss and wanted to post how upset I am at that shit Makar penalty shot attempt. He might as well have shot it from center ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad