GDT: AVALANCHE (7-8-1) @ DUCKS (12-2-1) 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
His calmness actually makes me more calm. I dont know what to think about this team right now. E.G. Hawks fans right now are probably thinking damn we are going to destroy this season. Im thinking, how have we done this good so far?

Think about it. We have had a ton of newbies with the team this season. We have had many games where we played bad and still won. And most importantly imo, because of all the new guys we have 2x as much line juggling as Carlyle. :laugh:

I guess im thinking two things: One, I cant believe we have as many points as we do with so many bad games where we got the win. Two, I feel like there's a decent amount of room for improvement. This could be one hell of a (half) season. Go ducks.

ya lol. that 3rd line just really needs to stick together. whenever they've been broken up they look not nearly as effective, and once they're together they also look great.

that line you can always count on to have their legs moving and working hard

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The ultimate success of this team will really depend on the younger players IMO. I'd like to see Palms get on the board again.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
NHL tonight declares Perry's goal where he should have had a slashing penalty the #2 play of the night. I bet that's sitting well in Colorado right now :laugh:

Oct 18, 2011
missed the game, kind of figured we'd have a slow start after the layoff, looking at the shot charts, the ducks seemed to take control, despite hiller allowing yet another bad goal. glad BB saved fasth for the kings

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Does this season remind anyone else of 2005-06? All these new players coming in and playing out of their mind, no one really gave us a shot at even making the playoffs. I feel like this team is a piece or two away from a shot at the cup.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Hey guys! I need some help here and don't want to open a thread for this as I expect this to be an easy one to answer ;) So I'll be living in California for the next year and want to see as many Ducks games as possible. I figured that as Fox Sports West show Ducks games around here I'm in the blackout zone for Ducks games through NHL Center Ice, right? I don't have a tv and will probably not get one at least for a while, so is there any other service that I could pay for the see Ducks games online? Of course I'd like to attend as many games as possible live, but because of my job and somewhat distant location from Honda (and no car), I can't do it as much as I would like to.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Did I say it before - Saku is just pure awesomeness!

Btw. on the top of my head, I think the last season was really instrumental for this team. This sort of loosing just put this team together! They seem to hate it more than anything now, even Getzlaf! This season is the first one I see him as the captain he was hoped to be. Maybe it just took a little time. He is great now, damn, all are! I'm proud of this team. With some luck they will go deep in this playoffs!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well another come from behind win. It's nice, but I worry as well, against the top teams you can't afford to always give up the 1st goal.

Said it before, will say it again. Hiller can make the big saves time after time, but it's almost 100% he'll give up a bad goal per game. Gave up a bad one, but he made quite a few big stops over the course. Really wish he could be switched on for all 60 minutes though :laugh:

Big thing is that Getz (one of his best games I've seen him play) and Pears are really starting to get going now, can only be a good thing!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Did I say it before - Saku is just pure awesomeness!

Btw. on the top of my head, I think the last season was really instrumental for this team. This sort of loosing just put this team together! They seem to hate it more than anything now, even Getzlaf! This season is the first one I see him as the captain he was hoped to be. Maybe it just took a little time. He is great now, damn, all are! I'm proud of this team. With some luck they will go deep in this playoffs!

Getzlaf was the captain in 2010-11 too - the year we made the playoffs and he put up his highest PPG output ever and his leadership was never questioned. People around here have short memories.

Oct 18, 2011
I think there has been a noticeable maturity in Getzlaf this season, less whining to the refs, he has substantially improved his FO% at home and on the road and he just seems hungrier on the ice since he's being rewarded for his hard work, last year was a nightmare for him, seems like he enjoys winning alot more now to

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Happy to see P&G scoring

Congrats to Perry for becoming the 10th Duck this season to score at least 4 goals. :laugh: Weird, but i like it.

I didn`t saw the game, so a few questions:

1. How did Holland looked? Looks like a good night in the FO circle.
2. Also how did Palms played? He sees reduced ice time lately. Is that 4th line any good?
3. Bobby with 6 hits?
4. Lovejoy with over 20 minutes of ice time. How did he played?

Overall, i`m happy for the win. We did had 5 days off, which is a lot and it should be pretty hard for them to jump right back on the NHL level. Even if it`s Avs and their defense, which is horrible this year.
We started our succesfull roadtrip against the Avs and now we start a cruical week - 5 games in 7 nights.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I thought they played pretty well after the first. It was an awful start though.

It's funny how an announcing team can affect your experience. Since I'm apparently in Altitude's (or whatever they're called now's) broadcast area I was blacked out on gamecenter and had to watch on vipbox [that's vipbox, jerky]. Watching those guys, I felt like the Avs were always this close to dominating. They never mentioned the 1 shot in the third thing. There was a graphic that popped up in OT after the Avs took their shot, saying that it was the Avs' first shot since 0:18 of the the 3rd.

But it's a huge problem. I know BB wants us to be a 3rd period team, and we're good in the 3rd, but we're really more of a 2nd period team if you look at the numbers. And we wouldn't need to be if we weren't 29th in first period goals allowed.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Getzlaf was the captain in 2010-11 too - the year we made the playoffs and he put up his highest PPG output ever and his leadership was never questioned. People around here have short memories.

I think this season he is a better captain and leader, much better than he ever was. Has nothing to do with his output just with his passion and behaviour on the ice. Last season I had a lot of doubts if the C is holding him back. He proves me wrong this season. Good to see.

Btw in 2010-2011 it was basicly Corey and Hilsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad