GDT: AVALANCHE (7-8-1) @ DUCKS (12-2-1) 5:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I feel Hiller can't put the team on his back if needed. Fasth has proven he can.

Hiller also routinely turns one simple save into 4 saves or Beauchemin making saves for him.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Outshot them 11-2 in the 3rd and OT - that's one way to eliminate those Hiller specials. Just don't let them shoot.

This play like crap and then pull a win out of your ass routine has to stop. The team is due for a blowout loss.

I thought they played pretty well after the first. It was an awful start though.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Another good win...crappo first period but the Ducks took over after that. Getzlaf is looking like the elite center we all know he can play like. Good to see Fowler out there.

Have to add that Beauch/Souray is one of the most solid pairings the Ducks have iced in a long time.

Sidenote...saw someone with a Nathan Oystrick jersey...talk about obscure.

Last edited:

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Just got back from the game and I dont get the opportunity to go to many Duck's games so I gotta ask the regulars...

Do other Ducks fans NOT know it is not cool to leave your seat while play is going on? And it wasn't just a couple people. It was many many people the entire game.

Anyways, exciting game and great ending. Not so great play though.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
No. Doughty is at 18 in 15 games.

Hint, he's got some brothers...

Wow didn't realise he was on for that many.
Not only that. His offensive game is overrated too. He just hasn't been dangerous consistently since that big year. He was great in the playoffs though.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Just got back from the game and I dont get the opportunity to go to many Duck's games so I gotta ask the regulars...

Do other Ducks fans NOT know it is not cool to leave your seat while play is going on? And it wasn't just a couple people. It was many many people the entire game.

I don't think a lot of those people were regulars. Not that I'm knocking them, its good to have new fans but they may not be as seasoned a fan as you or I.

DaDucks*

They do it because they don't know any better...

I attend many kings games every year and if someone gets up during play during those games the whole section screams at them to sit down and wait for a whistle.... Not going to get that at Honda everyone's so nice to each other....

Kinda like these boards

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA

Considering it was a sell-out I'm assuming it was 30%+ non-regular attendees. I can see my usher from my seats and she usually has to stop 1-2 people a game and explain the not going to your seats during play rule.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
They do it because they don't know any better...

I attend many kings games every year and if someone gets up during play during those games the whole section screams at them to sit down and wait for a whistle.... Not going to get that at Honda everyone's so nice to each other....

Kinda like these boards
We aren't a-holes. We just talk under our breath.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I don't think a lot of those people were regulars. Not that I'm knocking them, its good to have new fans but they may not be as seasoned a fan as you or I.

True. And I was actually thinking it's probably because the Ducks are doing so well.

I was commenting to my friend at the end but I would not yell at someone for doing it. I just ignored it but after two periods of looking around ppl walking down the stairs while a crucial offensive play is about to happen i got kinda pissed.

Anyways, Perry is heating up and Getzlaf is just a beast, and im loving it.

I didnt think Ryan looked that good this game but someone else mentioned he looked really good so idk maybe im off in my assessment because i was watching live tonight. I know he made some nice moves on a few plays but overall I thought he was lazy. As much as I want to see Holland keep playing with them because I see the potential, I kind of want Ryan back at center just because he looked at his best there this season.

Is it good to see that #4 out there again or what? I feel so much more confident now that he's back.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Yeah, I thought Fowler looked increasingly better as the game went on. Such an exciting player.

His calmness actually makes me more calm. I dont know what to think about this team right now. E.G. Hawks fans right now are probably thinking damn we are going to destroy this season. Im thinking, how have we done this good so far?

Think about it. We have had a ton of newbies with the team this season. We have had many games where we played bad and still won. And most importantly imo, because of all the new guys we have 2x as much line juggling as Carlyle. :laugh:

I guess im thinking two things: One, I cant believe we have as many points as we do with so many bad games where we got the win. Two, I feel like there's a decent amount of room for improvement. This could be one hell of a (half) season. Go ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad