Value of: Available players on Buffalo

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
A simple list of core players on Buffalo before your next terrible trade offer generously extends Buffalo’s rebuild into the next century.

Not available/unavailable/No/Nein: (not even for the “best you’ll get” equivalent of Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd)

Dahlin
Eichel
ROR
Ristolainen
Reinhart
Mittelstadt
Scandella

Available:

Matt Moulson
Zach Bogosian
Jake McCabe
Nathan Beaulieau
Robin, unjustified rage, Lehner
Kyle Okposo
Zemgus Girgensens
Jacob Larson
Alex Nylander (just to stop the stupid “brother trades”)
Ville Leino

Howard
Dekeyser

For

Moulson
Bogosian
Davidsson
Conditional 2nd 2019(Sabres make the playoffs)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd be interested in McCabe from MTL. What would Buffalo expect back?

He's their 2nd "best" LHD on the roster behind Scandella. Which isn't saying much, but without the expansion draft causing them a need to move him, it would have to be some sort of comparable level of LHD coming back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Which would suck for Carolina.

2nd round picks
2009: Dumoulin
2010: Faulk
2011: Rask
2012: McGinn and DiGuiseppe
2013: no 2nd rounder, but Pesce was their 2nd pick in the draft.
2014: Needaspellcheck (meh)
2015: Aho

In terms of scouting, do Canes fans ever worry that some other team is going to Belichek the Carolina draft list? It's like, need a d-man in the mid-rounds, go ask Carolina who to pick.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
In terms of scouting, do Canes fans ever worry that some other team is going to Belichek the Carolina draft list? It's like, need a d-man in the mid-rounds, go ask Carolina who to pick.

Nah, Our recent futility in the 1st round scares them away.

Lindholm over Monahan
Fleury over Ehlers/Nylander
Hanifin over Provorov/Werenski
Bean over McAvoy

At least it looks good with Necas in 2017 and hopefully they don't screw up this draft.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
He's their 2nd "best" LHD on the roster behind Scandella. Which isn't saying much, but without the expansion draft causing them a need to move him, it would have to be some sort of comparable level of LHD coming back.

Surprising. I figured the reason you were looking to move him was to make room for Dahlin on LD.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Surprising. I figured the reason you were looking to move him was to make room for Dahlin on LD.

I'd prefer Dahlin on RD personally. And if they do plug him in on his forehand, McCabe's a cheap option for third pairing duty to get the comedy styling of Nathan Below-eeewww out of the lineup.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Can't help but notice that your available players are the ones other teams want the least.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I don't feel like Buffalo is in a position to do tons on the trade front because most of our players are either untouchable or with very little trade value

Reactions: Chainshot

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo needs NHL players aged 22-28 (arbitrary range to give an idea) that are stuck behind better players on teams with depth at the position or stuck in the minors.

Cost should be around a 3rd or later, or similar exchange of players.

Third/fourth line Forwards: can skate, play defensive role, contributes 0-20 points.

Bottom pair defenseman: same as above, points less important.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I guess if every team did this then we wouldn't need to have this forum..

Good or bad trade offers I still enjoy reading them

Considering Lehner is an RFA and likely to be traded or non-tendered, Moulson, Pominville are UFA's next off season, you're wrong. Some of this will not be available next year for trade. ;) Just to be politically correct. There are others that we would gauge interest in.

Rasmus Ristolainen, RD
Ryan O'Reilly, C
Justin Bailey, RW
Nicolas Baptiste, RW
Hudson Fasching, RW

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I see no point in trading Nylander. Hf boards are down on him, so nothing of value will be offered. Might as well keep him and see what he turns into. Girginsons is cheap. He could use a change of scenery. Maybe trade him for a veteran like a Steve Ott type guy?

I do at this point he's shown that he can skate, however. He has shown that he's not willing to provide efficient defense in his own zone. Deficiencies in his shot selection and passing. He's available if the return is justified. Anyone within reason that wasn't a Botterill guy should be available and even a few there (Beaulieu etc) should be.

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
ROR,+ McCabe for Stepan, Domi,Hjarlmarsson

I'm really not sure how so many Buffalo Sabres fans are enamored with Domi. He doesn't play a lick of defense and is coming off a terrible stretch of a year and a half of hockey. For me, it's going to take a whole hell of a lot more than Stepan and Domi plus a possible walking UFA within a season. Yes, I realize that Domi is only 21, and can skate just fine. He has to find his shot and this just doesn't do it for me for O'Reilly.

UnleashRasmus

Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
What's the situation with Bogosian? Aside from the constant injury issues, how is his play?

We'll take a 7th in 2021 if you want him in current condition. (Bare minimum, bottom of the barrel type return). We could also talk about an expiring contract in 2018-19 to get rid of him regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad