Value of: Available players on Buffalo

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I see no point in trading Nylander. Hf boards are down on him, so nothing of value will be offered. Might as well keep him and see what he turns into.
Exactly.
I think Girgensons has gone from being overrated, to underrated, though.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Exactly.
I think Girgensons has gone from being overrated, to underrated, though.
He does bring something, but for some reason it's not coming together in Buffalo. I honestly think just a change of scenery would bring a little spark back to him. He goes up and down the roster, and it may be a little discouraging. Maybe with a change he could turn into a good 30-40 point bottom six guy. With Buffalo's luck, they trade him and he becomes a 50 point second line center lol.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Naw...I just think he might end up being a solid bottom six guy. Every team needs a few.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Isn't Poms that?

Based on the way the room imploded, no.

Speaking of value, could Botterill call up Chuck Fletcher and maybe get a 6-pack for sending one of these guys to him at Chuck's summer cottage? I'm sure they might be able to mow the lawn or trim the hedges for him, even if he has no team to represent. Might be more than they are worth however...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You’d have to think ROR will be available this summer

Why? He's 27, locked up long term, is far and away the best defensive F on Buffalo's roster, shelters Eichel and Mittelstadt by taking tough match-ups and heavy D-zone starts, still manages to put up ~60 points despite playing that role, is our only C that can win a draw... Unless trading him brings back 2-3 roster players that plug immediate and long-term holes, where's the incentive? You think Buffalo wants to be rebuilding for another decade?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is "available" being shopped and the level of implied "available" where Botterill is listening on possible offers for O'Reilly but it's on the team offering to make it worth his while.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Would you rather let him walk for nothing or QO him and find no takers? I'm game to let him go.
Fourth rounder or letting him walk, either's fine with me.
Was supposed to be a friendly jibe at you giving away your negotiating strategy while negotiating.
Should've used the irony emoji (which for some reason I dislike).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fourth rounder or letting him walk, either's fine with me.
Was supposed to be a friendly jibe at you giving away your negotiating strategy while negotiating.
Should've used the irony emoji (which for some reason I dislike).

No worries. :D If they could get more than a third, I'm sure we'd both be happy with that too. I'm just hoping they get something, even a relatively low probability pick for him.

Reactions: umbertovanek

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Alex Nylander for Adam Fox and Calgary's 2019 3rd
Girgensons + small add for Sam Bennett

Or we could just keep Nylander and hope his development moves forward...which I am not opposed to either.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
What's the situation with Bogosian? Aside from the constant injury issues, how is his play?

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
What's the situation with Bogosian? Aside from the constant injury issues, how is his play?

Not bad as a second pairing guy. On a Cup team he is probably one of those bottom pairing guys who kills the quality of competition and easily slides up. His real problems are contract and injuries.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
What's the cost for girgensens. Would you deal him for connor Carrick?

Not a lot. I like Girgs but he is a bit on the slow side (but still useable) and has stability issues. Pretty good on D and good forecheck. What he really needs is a simple role on the wing where he can go in, forecheck and have a star centre bounce shots off him. Put him as the two way guy off a Crosby or Tavares type and he would excel. Think Connor Brown or Uncle Leo.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
The list of untouchables is ridiculous. Getting Dahlin gives the Sabres amazing flexibility and Botteril would be an idiot to not to explore all possibilities considering the product the Sabres have put on the ice the last few years.

The new Sabres core consists of:

Eichel
Dahlin
Middlestat

Those are the guys that are not being moved.

Ristolinen and Reinhart comprise the outer core. They are very unlikely to be moved, but if the right hockey deal comes along, they could be moved.

I don't know why many Sabres fans think Ryan O'Reilly is still untouchable but I think he is likely to go. I think the Sabres will get fine value back but untouchable?

Everyone else could be moved. I expect big changes this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad