Assets:

Untouchable
Eichel
Dahlin

Extremely hard to get:
Mittelstadt
Ristolainen
2019 1st

Available for equal value. Not being shopped and will not be traded for less then full retail value

RoR
Reinhart

Top prospects available for quality players :
Nylander
Guhle
Asplund
Borgen
Davidsson

I would love to move RoR++ for a top 4 RHD and a top line scoring winger. Then I would build my core around Eichel, Dahlin, Risto, Mittelstadt, Reinhart, Acquired top 4 RHD, acquired top line winger. Add in a quality goalie and that's a cup contending foundation.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What's the situation with Bogosian? Aside from the constant injury issues, how is his play?

The injuries this year did him no favors. The hip was taking away both what mobility he had and he wasn't particularly physical either. If the surgery and long layoff -- and direct public challenge by the GM for vets to be better prepared physically -- work out, maybe he gets back to some semblance of "top 4"-ish defenseman. Personally, I'd retain up to about 40% on his deal (which would make him a $3.1M/year RHD) to make a hockey move involving him. Without that, he's a toxic contract.

Reactions: iSophagus

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
What's so ugly about it?

Howards age, consistency. DeKeyser is healthy sure, but has more term but may be worse than Bogosian. I'm not giving up much of anything for that. Davidsson has potential to be a useful type player. This does no favors to Buffalo for one year of Moulson and 2 years of Bogosian. I would do it without Davidsson or switching him for Fasching.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Howards age, consistency. DeKeyser is healthy sure, but has more term but may be worse than Bogosian. I'm not giving up much of anything for that. Davidsson has potential to be a useful type player. This does no favors to Buffalo for one year of Moulson and 2 years of Bogosian. I would do it without Davidsson or switching him for Fasching.

To be fair, Buffalo gets a #1 vet goaltender without term. Dekeyser is a top 4 dman that won't put up a lot of points, but will play consistent defense.

Detroit doesn't receive anything useful back in Bogosian or Moulson. That's why someone like Davidsson was included.

If you swap for Fasching, then Detroit gets back 3 pieces that do nothing for them.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Matt Moulson has been in the Kings organization basically this entire past year.

The allowed him to choose his destination as a courtesy to him and his family. I'm glad he worked out in Ontario. I expect him to be bought out and then he can go somewhere like the NLA or SHL if he wants to continue playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad