GDT: Austria vs Canada 12:00PM est/10:00AM mst

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Actually the split screen screwed it up and it was distracting. Therefore I wasn't impressed especially since figure skating is being shown on TSN.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Actually the split screen screwed it up and it was distracting. Therefore I wasn't impressed especially since figure skating is being shown on TSN.

I think there's a dedicated hockey stream online. I was glad they showed both because I wanted to watch both at the same time.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Chan's a Canadian and had a big chance at gold, which no Canadian has ever won in Mens figure skating (I'm pretty certain). What's the big deal? We're playing against Austria; I think you can survive watching the game on split screen for a little bit.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Good win, with Luongo's resume and this game I find it hard to think we will be going with Price... or at least I hope so.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Great game from the boys. Showed dominance the time they stepped onto the ice. Luongo played well and made some key saves.

Please take Kunitz off Crosby's line; he's just not good enough.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Good win, with Luongo's resume and this game I find it hard to think we will be going with Price... or at least I hope so.

Luongo's resume is not that impressive. Neither of them really have much of a resume, frankly. Luongo's made a name for himself collapsing in big games, and Price hasn't ever really wowed in the playoffs, either. Luongo won the finals in the last Olympics, but he was hardly the reason why.

I think it would be pretty unfair to close the door on Price at this stage. Price's one goal allowed yesterday went off the arm of the guy standing on his doorstep and straight down. Pretty difficult to stop. Luongo had a puck go off the crossbar/post. I think that's pretty even as far as performances go in the Olympics. I don't mind who we see against the Fins, though. If the goalie plays well, trust him for the big game. If he doesn't, switch to the other guy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Great game from the boys. Showed dominance the time they stepped onto the ice. Luongo played well and made some key saves.

Please take Kunitz off Crosby's line; he's just not good enough.

Kunitz was off Crosby's line in the third. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the odd man out next game. Could have had Giroux.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Kunitz was off Crosby's line in the third. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the odd man out next game. Could have had Giroux.

Who was scratched this game, Sharp? Get him back in there and scratch Kunitz.

Also does anyone know if the IIHF scrapped the 20 skaters rule this year or if it's just for these round robin games?

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Who was scratched this game, Sharp? Get him back in there and scratch Kunitz.

Also does anyone know if the IIHF scrapped the 20 skaters rule this year or if it's just for these round robin games?

They still have 20 skaters rule I'm pretty sure. 13 forwards and 7 defensemen.

And yes, Sharp was scratched today. Put Sharp on Crosby's line as the Toews/Carter/Bergeron line (I'm pretty sure) is on fire right now.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
The goal against Price yesterday was unlucky, but Luongo played a good game today and he does have more/better experience.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
its not like price almost stole a series away from boston before they went on to win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad