Tennis: Australian Open 2024

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The former #1 & major winner is just better. The Sinner shall pay for his sins!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tennis is the ultimate mental game

We should have an interesting 3rd set because Sinner has finally got rid of the weight on his shoulders.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nail-biter of a game, but Medvedev has his two set lead.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Daniil might need to win this in three sets as his energy level seems to be slowly dropping.

Reactions: Filppula

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Daniil might need to win this in three sets as his energy level seems to be slowly dropping.
Agreed. He needs to prevent Sin from winning 4 games this set and having hopes of winning the set and match.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Popping in and commentating in for the match so far, gotta think the nerves from Sinner got to him early on but Med being the veteran he is took complete advantage. Thought the 5-1 comeback was going to be the turning point but at the worst it looks Sinner found something late 2nd set. Agreed with all of you guys that Meddy has to finish this in the third.

These drop shots have been mind numbingly bad from Sinner tonight

Reactions: Evilo

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sinner did a much better job controlling points and moving Medvedev around especially in the latter stages of the third set. If he can sustain his level of current play, he will be champion.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm just glad we got another set lmao

If I'm Sinner, I'm jumping Medvedev on the first serve game he has this set instead of sitting back a bit. Tides changing a ton

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
4th set: Sinner takes some pace off his forehand and moves the ball around, happy to grind now from the backcourt with Daniil. Good time for a war of attrition.

Oct 18, 2006
4th set: Sinner takes some pace off his forehand and moves the ball around, happy to grind now from the backcourt with Daniil. Good time for a war of attrition.
Something worth considering here. I know Jannik hasn’t spent much time on court this tournament, but off the top of my head, his 5 set record isn’t very good is it? He’s not some fitness warrior too (although clearly taken strides).

Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Something worth considering here. I know Jannik hasn’t spent much time on court this tournament, but off the top of my head, his 5 set record isn’t very good is it? He’s not some fitness warrior too (although clearly taken strides).
He has to win that 4th set first and he's missing some big opportunities now.
He's been the better player this set but has nothing to show for it.

Oct 18, 2006
He has to win that 4th set first and he's missing some big opportunities now.
He's been the better player this set but has nothing to show for it.
Very true, and I think Med sticking around in this set for as long as he has is going to play with Sinner’s mind a little.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And here's a break point that looks dangerously close to a match point...

And an ace !

Strong end of game by Sinner. Well done !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad