Australian Ice Hockey League

Dom

Aug 6, 2006
u

There is an Australian team at the International Pee-Wee tournament in Québec, the New South Wales Blues. They play tomorrow against an Italian team.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ice v Thunder game got pretty crazy.

9 minute powerplay for Perth, then another 2 minutes added on halfway through :laugh:

Doogee

Cammy!
May 30, 2009
Melbourne
Does anybody have a graphic or a photo of the Newcastle North Star jersey? I'm curious.

GF_IcevNorthStars_4Sep_0041.jpg

120502_dads_army.jpg

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Always wondered why there are so many no name foreigners in the league. Would be nice to see less but high calibre imports. Shouldn't be too difficult to get former NHLers to play some games during the summer in Australia.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
5 minute major + double minor?

Those penalties would be served concurrently, though, not consecutively.

Always wondered why there are so many no name foreigners in the league. Would be nice to see less but high calibre imports. Shouldn't be too difficult to get former NHLers to play some games during the summer in Australia.

Because it's a semi-professional league. There's no way they could consistently get former NHL and AHL talent with the kind of financial resources available to them.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
My hockey coach plays for Melbourne Ice, never been to a game but wouldn't mind going to one.

It's a lot of fun. Obviously the skill level isn't the same compared to the American and Euro leagues, but it's a nice atmosphere, a good arena (but not enough seats) and a fairly inexpensive day out.

AussieCanuck

Dec 30, 2011
It's a lot of fun. Obviously the skill level isn't the same compared to the American and Euro leagues, but it's a nice atmosphere, a good arena (but not enough seats) and a fairly inexpensive day out.
I think i might go to one this season. I can't think of any reason why i shouldn't go to one. Besides, i already know half the players.

FlagmanMM

Mar 29, 2013
Trail game between the Melbourne Mustangs and the Ice on Saturday night at the icehouse Docklands. Tickets available at the icehouse website. Go Stangs.

FlagmanMM

Mar 29, 2013
Results From the weekend
Saturday 20/4/13
Ice 7 Def Mustangs 2
Knights 3 Def Adrenaline 2
North Stars 6 Def Ice Dogs 2
Sunday 21/4/13
Adrenaline 9 Def Bears 2

FlagmanMM

Mar 29, 2013
Weekend Results