Value of: Auston Matthews

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
If I'm the leafs, I give Matthews one more year to make my decision. As. Leaf fan it kills me to say it, but if he doesn't drop this princess attitude trade him. I get being pissed off, but his mom is calling on his behalf to the coach for mistreating him? That's weak, and if he can't deal with that, he won't stand toronto media if they give him a hard time.the guys 20, and his mom is fighting his battle. I love how loyal he is to his family, its enduring. Fact remains, people expected him to be captain material. Sounds like his mom should be given the c. Marner is half his size but twice the man.. I'm just so disappointed. He's an amazing talent, but I want a winning culture, not a cry baby mentality. You get benched cause ou deserve it. Don't blame the coach, take responsibility. A real captain would support his team, and put the onus on himself..... Marner should be our next captain. although talented, I wouldn't even offer Matthews an a at this point. Hopefully he matures

lol did Auston's mom really call Babcock?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Domi, Drouin and a 2nd rounder?

Matthews isn't old
He doesn't have a bad contract
He's not a winger
He already plays center
He doesn't hit or have karater

I think Domi, Drouin and Mete for Matt Martin who will add leadership, experience and karater. You can even try and get him to play center.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews isn't old
He doesn't have a bad contract
He's not a winger
He already plays center
He doesn't hit or have karater

I think Domi, Drouin and Mete for Matt Martin who will add leadership, experience and karater. You can even try and get him to play center.

I would trade Matt Martin to Montreal for 2x 2nd rounders and call it a day. I think we have to be reasonable.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Should I bust out all the NHL stars in Leafs gear who also played for the Toronto Marlboroughs AAA team?

Gotta love insane conspiracy therios. I mean, if the league was ever going to rig a lottery, I'm pretty sure it would have been 2015.

Except Auston Matthews never played for a team equivalent to the Toronto Marlboros in Arizona that used similar colors to the Coyotes.. let alone a Coyotes jersey...lol

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
There's no denying that Malkin is the better player now but I would think the Leafs would say no to this. Matthews fits their age group better.
I agree . I would say they both have about the same value though . I don’t think there’s really anyone out there of the same value and age group . Closest player would probably Eichal .

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I agree . I would say they both have about the same value though . I don’t think there’s really anyone out there of the same value and age group . Closest player would probably Eichal .

I'd agree with the bolded for sure. It honestly might be a mutual no from both parties especially when you take into consideration the Crosby-Malkin two headed monster thing. With regards to Matthews, I'd say that in addition to Eichel, MacK and Barkov are also right there value wise.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I'd agree with the bolded for sure. It honestly might be a mutual no from both parties especially when you take into consideration the Crosby-Malkin two headed monster thing. With regards to Matthews, I'd say that in addition to Eichel, MacK and Barkov are also right there value wise.
I would say Barkovs pretty close to same value , Mackinnon probably has more though . And ya I don’t think Pittsburgh would ever want to get rid of Malkin but you have to wonder if Malkin will ever want to be a number one center somewhere . He has been second to Crosby his whole career and always will be in Pittsburgh but than again maybe he doesn’t care the slightest as long as they have a shot at the cup every year . Regardless I don’t think Malkin would accept a trade to Toronto .

Reactions: missionAvs

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I would say Barkovs pretty close to same value , Mackinnon probably has more though . And ya I don’t think Pittsburgh would ever want to get rid of Malkin but you have to wonder if Malkin will ever want to be a number one center somewhere . He has been second to Crosby his whole career and always will be in Pittsburgh but than again maybe he doesn’t care the slightest as long as they have a shot at the cup every year . Regardless I don’t think Malkin would accept a trade to Toronto .
Malkin is 32 and extremely injury prone. Doesn't make sense for the Leafs even if Malkin is better today.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Yeah, I'd think he values the fact that he and Crosby are the leagues best 1-2 combo more but I definitely see where you're coming from. Maybe he might have that little bit of desire to be the #1 C on a team. Nevertheless, I don't think either party (Leafs or Pens) are interested in dealing their guys.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
As of today I say Eichel is not even in the same category as Matthews. I know the Leafs would at least say he needed to be included, however we know Matthews is not getting traded and to Buffalo of all teams.
Based on what rationale?

IMO he and Matthews belong in the same category...difference is...one has a proper supporting cast..while the other doesn't.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Lol, every season Mac has had has been great, a model of consistency.

Kids 22 years old and has gotten better every year he's been in the league.

So yeah, a model of consistency. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong because you can look at stats that suggest otherwise. I have watched probably 95% of Mackinnons games since the day he entered the league. He has improved as a player every single year by significant margins each time.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Kids 22 years old and has gotten better every year he's been in the league.

So yeah, a model of consistency. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong because you can look at stats that suggest otherwise. I have watched probably 95% of Mackinnons games since the day he entered the league. He has improved as a player every single year by significant margins each time.
I know right, he is so amazing and I'm stuck watching Auston dreaming of really having Mac 95% of the time here in Toronto.

I really think Mac is the next Crosby because I read other fans of Colorado say that throughout his rookie year and they watch the Avs a lot so they would know best. No hole in that logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad