Value of: Auston Matthews

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
hahaha this isn't to end well...

JC from 91.9, he likes to gives he's personnal opinion but over time with the radio he has create couple of contacts, he just randomly said on air that he's heard from a very solid source that Matthews wouldn't want to be a leafs for long term, let alone the rest of his career and it would be the best interest for the leafs to trade him right now. i have no clue what to think about his, it might be bullshit but i have no idea why he would just bring this out of the blue, there was also a rumor from i don't know who that babcock at a meeting with matthews in his hometown and it didn't end well. One thing is sure, it this is close to even being true, leafs are completely aware of this.

Now i know it will likely never happen, but if this was 100% true. ( please, it's a forum, no one has any power over these stuff, just play the game.)

What would the leafs ask and what would team offer?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If he wants out the leafs will get full value for him right now with one ELC year left.

Is there a comparable for someone so young in their career to have this type of value?

Lindros was pre-first nhl game.

Seguin while great now didn't have the same stats when he was trade (2 1/2 seasons essentially)

Flames67

Jun 8, 2018
2 first round picks, at least one top 5. Probably a roster top 4 D + Top 6 F + Prospect of some sort

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
I might be willing to give up a 6th round conditional pick if I were trading for him. I mean he only had 40 goals in his rookie season, he's got bust written all over him.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Value Of: Auston Matthews: 8x11

No need to discuss the other connotation of value of

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
hopefully he misheard what that source said because it would be devastating for matthews to be wearing another sweater

his value is absolutely through the roof. it would cost a package that holds tremendous amount of value to acquire him

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not saying true or not.....but AM would return ALOT if traded.

In my post, I tried to find a good comparable for the production he's had at his age and that was traded.

Luongo was drafted high but was a goalie.

Sundin was also drafted #1 and had good production but was done after 6 years, not 2.

There's little historical comparison here.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
2 first round picks, at least one top 5. Probably a roster top 4 D + Top 6 F + Prospect of some sort

Who in the league has the assets + wants to pony up for him?

Arizona, both New York Teams, Carolina and New Jersey are the only fits I see.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Franchise-level centre would need a similar return, so a stud two-way centre capable of 30+ goals and around 70+ points per season, with a 40 goal rookie season (to be negotiated, could be a 30-35 rookie season, but offering party would need to give more the lower the prime asset's production would be) and all the other assets. Failing that, multiple firsts, one to three stud prospects, go from there.

You can tell Toronto is doing things right when these media clowns aren't getting anything from the org so they just throw crap at the wall and hope it sticks.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Overrated 2nd Line C, also Injury prone, and chokes in the playoffs, plus soon to be over paid

We may have to add Marner just to get a 2nd back

Reactions: connormcmuffin

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Franchise-level centre would need a similar return, so a stud two-way centre capable of 30+ goals and around 70+ points per season, with a 40 goal rookie season (to be negotiated, could be a 30-35 rookie season, but offering party would need to give more the lower the prime asset's production would be) and all the other assets. Failing that, multiple firsts, one to three stud prospects, go from there.

You can tell Toronto is doing things right when these media clowns aren't getting anything from the org so they just throw crap at the wall and hope it sticks.

Amongst centres who are in the similar age and production, Monahan/Draisaitl/Keller?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad