Auston Matthews vs. Patrick Kane for ONLY next year's RS + Playoffs

AM v Kane for 21/22 RS + PO

• Total voters

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
If you had to choose between these 2 players for next season (21/22), comprising of both the regular season AND playoffs, which would you choose?

Edit: This is based on the assumption that your team makes the playoffs

Last edited:

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Kanes one of the clutchest playoff performers of this generation. Kane pretty comfortably. And i really like matthews.

Reactions: banks

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
He's the best clutch player of his generation in my opinion
I would have to look at statistics to make a definitive answer but from memory i think hes definitely top 3 with crosby and malkin.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Matthews easily. Kane won’t be in the playoffs so the fact he’s a clutch playoff performer is irrelevant for next season.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I picked Kane easily because he has a long proven track record and has won championships. If Matthews does the same in the next 10 years I could pick him instead. Time will tell if that happens.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Varan adjusting agendas as usual
Please explain how LOL. If it's about the "playoffs" aspect, I mean, it's assumed that your team would make the playoffs no? This is just a hypothetical not bound to their respective teams.

It wouldn't be close otherwise. Chicago is a mess without Kane

Reactions: bh53

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
What happens in the playoffs makes everything that happened in the regular season irrelevant. Take a look at Matthews vs Kane production in elimination games. This shouldn’t even be a question.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the guy that puts up at least as many points every year as Matthews on worse teams while also being a much better Playoff performer

Reactions: dukeofjive

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Unless the question is who do you take to score the most goals to play center between these two the answer is Kane. I would assume Matthews should be able to outscore him this year though due to age.

Reactions: bh53

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Unless the question is who do you take to score the most goals to play center between these two the answer is Kane. I would assume Matthews should be able to outscore him this year though due to age.
He just tied his scoring in less games this past season though, so is that because of his age too? Pretty impressive considering they were tied for 5th in the league.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
He just tied his scoring in less games this past season though, so is that because of his age too? Pretty impressive considering they were tied for 5th in the league.
No it's not just because of age. He also plays on a powerhouse offensive team that played in a terrible division defensively but yeah age played a part too. But grats on the tie!

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Going Matthews here for the Oilers. They bring different elements and we badly need goal scoring.

I would be very interested to see these guys 5 years on from this moment, feel like they would just score at will. Allows is to play Drai as 2C. The amount of space they would create for each other would be lethal.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad