Auston Matthews out for min 4 weeks with shoulder injury (Mod warning #70)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Surprised the time off will be that long. Didnt look that bad when it happened, IMO. I hope this doesn't mess up his career. He hopefully will be entertaining fans for years to come.

Reactions: Oley49

vivalavili

Jan 8, 2016
Helsinki
12m for a player that will never have hit 70 points,. Yikes
giphy.gif

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
12m for a player that will never have hit 70 points,. Yikes
I guess I’d be revelling in this too if I spent the last 2 years obsessing over a rivalry with the Leafs that doesn't exist and my team just got spanked by them without their best player.

How does it feel having your top draft pick playing on the 4th line? Such development. So wow.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I guess I’d be revelling in this too if I spent the last 2 years obsessing over a rivalry with the Leafs that doesn't exist and my team just got spanked by them without their best player.

How does it feel having your top draft pick playing on the 4th line? Such development. So wow.

So many things that don't have anything to do with the topic or conversation you are engaged in.

Leafs fans really have an issue staying on topic.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
So many things that don't have anything to do with the topic or conversation you are engaged in.

Leafs fans really have an issue staying on topic.
Half the posts in this thread are bait, including the one I quoted. What do you expect? Give and get.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Half the posts in this thread are bait, including the one I quoted. What do you expect? Give and get.

You only say Bait because whatever that's said about Matthews that isn't glowing praise comes off as an attack to you. You turn it into bait by chasing it like bait. Then you go on irrational tirades that have nothing to do with whatever comment that was made about Matthews.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
You only say Bait because whatever that's said about Matthews that isn't glowing praise comes off as an attack to you. You turn it into bait by chasing it like bait. Then you go on irrational tirades that have nothing to do with whatever comment that was made about Matthews.
I know the poster. It’s bait. Kthxbye go back to Edmonton.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Sucks to see..

As much as I have grown to dislike Toronto due to their fan base. I would love to see what he can do over a full season. Plus, being from the US he is our #1 player and if we ever go back to Olympics or player another world tournament, we need this guy to be the best he can be.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Isn't this kinda old and nonsensical? Gee Jets allow three third period goals on Saturday and there is no talk about their Dmen being bad, but somehow the ill informed that the Leafs Dmen are horrible.
I'm just saying as a Leaf fan that I'd like to improve our defense before calling us serious contenders.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Guess he won't outproduce Bäckström this year after all, not that I believe he would have if he stayed healthy either of course. That said it sucks but almost a bit happy because leafs fans, sad for Matthews though.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm just saying as a Leaf fan that I'd like to improve our defense before calling us serious contenders.

Obviously a better defence who be good but last season the Caps and Leafs had the same GAA,...and the Caps go on to win the Cup. Columbus and Leafs had the same GAA and CBJ had the much ballyhooed # 1 stud dman apparently in Jones and well as Bob in net.
Just saying, it's getting foolish to say a great defence (see Pens 2017 Cup win, and Vegas 2018 Cup final) is so necessary for a team to have success. The facts don't seem to back it up.
Same with having this # 1 Dman as a solution for the Leafs . Cup appearance by Burns...one, Karlsson zero, Weber zero. OEL zero. Hedman two Cup Final appearances in seven years and three missed playoffs.

Reactions: Kevs Security
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad