Rumor: Auston Matthews has tested positive for COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hope he recovers soon, that f***ing sucks.

Also just so happens with the Leafs' injury luck this season
At least Matthews didn't miss any regular season games this past season and it's still a while until July 10th which is when the NHL wanted to open training camps for the 24 remaining teams. So let's hope he's back to 100% at that time.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Hope he's ok. Or that it's the same as when Sundin supposedly had hip surgery....same hack, POS reporter. Just asking what I asked in the main forums but had any other positive test player been named?

Arizona's numbers the last few days are mind boggling. I'm hoping there was extreme caution in being out unnecessarily for everyone there.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sucks that Matthews got it, but with everyone spread out some cases are inevitable. A bubble is more likely to see mass spread if their procedures are inadequate but less likely to allow cases to break the barrier. Hopefully once they get into the bubble if we get that far they can keep it out, I don't really see this as a bad sign because with over 700 players across multiple countries cases are all but guaranteed. The rampant spread in the south is a worse sign than a couple players testing positive.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Boston Bruins players test positive? No names

Tampa Bay has 3 players test positive? No names

Leafs player tests positive? Break the news!!

Ottawa had a few cases in March and I believe Zaitsev became public. At least it's not only us. Though maybe he gave permission, which I highly doubt Simmons of all reporters had.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The NHL has so immediately stop this chaos. They are embarrassing themselves and its causing massive health issues

Reactions: OddyOh

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Boston Bruins players test positive? No names

Tampa Bay has 3 players test positive? No names

Leafs player tests positive? Break the news!!
Yeah so it shows what opening up right now accomplishes. Some people think denial is a river in egypt

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Ottawa had a few cases in March and I believe Zaitsev became public. At least it's not only us. Though maybe he gave permission, which I highly doubt Simmons of all reporters had.
For people like Steve Simmons it's a bigger story when it's Auston Matthews since he plays in Toronto. Did Nikita Zaitsev get his own thread created about him testing positive on the National Hockey League Talk Forums on here, because that's what happened with Matthews testing positive.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Arizona with 3000+ new cases a day, Not sure if I'm that surprised. Hope he has a mild case and gets over it quickly.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For people like Steve Simmons it's a bigger story when it's Auston Matthews since he plays in Toronto. Did Nikita Zaitsev get his own thread created about him testing positive on the National Hockey League Talk Forums on here, because that's what happened with Matthews testing positive.
It was a report out of Russia, never saw anything confirmed

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Reference the guy on the PGA Tour who tested positive. HIPAA isn't relevant to random people but health care workers and insurance companies. So I guess if a reporter finds out is you have an illness he can freely tell everyone

I mean, I could see the PA try to get Simmons' press credentials revoked, at least, for a blatant privacy breach like that.

Reactions: Metroid

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Not too much social distancing in Arizona. Maybe he should just sit out the playoffs!
Arizona florida and oklahoma after the trumpsters invade tuslsa will be epicentres
If the states just waited 2 more weeks wed be holden

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Imo its hould be left up to the individual player to decide for themselves. I dont think fans or the public have any right to anothers health records.

MMA, the NFL, PGA and the NBA previously have all provided names of those who have tested positive.

I personally don't see it being an invasion of privacy. Like, what's the point of hiding it?

Reactions: Nineteen67

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Isn't it though? Matthews is also a superstar, Z is bad defensive dman.

horner

May 22, 2007
Hopefully he is just Asymptomatic and it didn't effect his lungs. I know my friend got Covid and it effected his cardio drastically for the past couple months.

That is my worry the long term effects nobody really has any answers.

Reactions: MsMeow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad