Tribute Auston Matthews Discussion "the Beauty" Edition

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If you were looking at just process instead of results, does Matthews really look any different from last year from an offensive POV.

Last year as he struggled to his lowest shooting % while this year seemingly everything is finding a way in.

His 2 goals from the side of the net should never go in. The wrap around was kind of weak.

I will take them all now as it will balance out later, but he still looks the same to me.

His aggression and play away from the puck continues to improve though

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If you were looking at just process instead of results, does Matthews really look any different from last year from an offensive POV.

Last year as he struggled to his lowest shooting % while this year seemingly everything is finding a way in.

His 2 goals from the side of the net should never go in. The wrap around was kind of weak.

I will take them all now as it will balance out later, but he still looks the same to me.

His aggression and play away from the puck continues to improve though
His shot looks much better to me.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Besides his firat goal Sat, I don't really recall him scoring on a lethal shot.

You might be correct and I hope you are.

I took him in my hockey pool over Draisaitl for a reason this year after watching him in the pre-season. Is his shot 100% like I remember it at his best? I don’t think so, but he’s wayyy healthier and faster than last season, just look at how he’s carrying the puck and constantly involved in the play offensively. He could’ve scored 5 goals in each of his first two games, I don’t recall him looking close to that good at any point last season.

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I took him in my hockey pool over Draisaitl for a reason this year after watching him in the pre-season. Is his shot 100% like I remember it at his best? I don’t think so, but he’s wayyy healthier and faster than last season, just look at how he’s carrying the puck and constantly involved in the play offensively. He could’ve scored 5 goals in each of his first two games, I don’t recall him looking close to that good at any point last season.
I would agree that his confidence in his shot looks to be back.

Last year I thought he looked dangerous but seemed to pass up on scoring chances.

This year he definately looks like he believes he can score from anywhere again.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Find it fascination that some who claim that tribute threads are stupid love to post on tribute threads.

Amazing player and I'm sure glad he's a Leaf

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Tough luck tonight. 9 shots, a few that looked like tap-ins for him. Having his 7th called back was icing on the cake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad